Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yep, was just going to post that. You beat me!

OC89 working great here, in 10 mins of test.

Kext changes: WEG and AppleALC. (PC: Any reason not to add them to your EFI?)

Hi Pastrychef :) it's been a while i haven't updated my hack. Using a Z370i running Big Sur flawlessly for more than 2 years.

I'm considering upgrading to Ventura (I love it on my Macbook Air M1).

I have to admit i forgot many things about hackintoshes (even my forum account :( ) the last 2 years, but here is my EFI in big sur, in attachment.

Should I just copy/paste everything to the latest EFI version and boot with it, then upgrade to Ventura?

Thanks a lot Pastrychef ! Been using this build for years now with your magic file :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    36.3 KB · Views: 21
Hi Pastrychef :) it's been a while i haven't updated my hack. Using a Z370i running Big Sur flawlessly for more than 2 years.

I'm considering upgrading to Ventura (I love it on my Macbook Air M1).

I have to admit i forgot many things about hackintoshes (even my forum account :( ) the last 2 years, but here is my EFI in big sur, in attachment.

Should I just copy/paste everything to the latest EFI version and boot with it, then upgrade to Ventura?

Thanks a lot Pastrychef ! Been using this build for years now with your magic file :)

The best thing to do is:
Download the latest EFI from post #1.
Replace the USBPorts.kext with the one from your EFI.
Copy/paste the Serial, Board Serial, UUID from your config.plist to the config.plist include with the new EFI.
Put the new EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and boot from it to make sure everything is working.
Update to Ventura.

Hello, I tried to update to Ventura and used your new Clover EFI, I know my specs aren't upgraded to your builds new upgrades but I switched to mac 18.3 and figured that would be all I needed to do. I noticed that the memory sections in clover were all greyed out when I tried to add the g skill memory to the smbios list. I also created a boot drive from this link. I had previously used the unibeast method I think. Thank you for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_9474.PNG
    IMG_9474.PNG
    7.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9475.PNG
    IMG_9475.PNG
    6.3 MB · Views: 16
Hello, I tried to update to Ventura and used your new Clover EFI, I know my specs aren't upgraded to your builds new upgrades but I switched to mac 18.3 and figured that would be all I needed to do. I noticed that the memory sections in clover were all greyed out when I tried to add the g skill memory to the smbios list. I also created a boot drive from this link. I had previously used the unibeast method I think. Thank you for the help!

I haven't used Clover in a long time... When switching back and forth between Clover and OpenCore, it was doing some weird stuff with my NVRAM...

Try using the latest OpenCore EFI from post #1.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I thought that might be the case so I tried open core too, made a separate USB boot as well. Here is the EFI for that and the error code after the attempted usb boot instal.

Attachments

• IMG_9476 2.jpg
    IMG_9476 2.jpg
    960.6 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I thought that might be the case so I tried open core too, made a separate USB boot as well. Here is the EFI for that and the error code after the attempted usb boot instal.

Double check your BIOS settings. Compare your settings to post #1.

Also, clear NVRAM at the OpenCore boot picker.

I did both of these, reset my bios to default then reset all the stats back to the original posting, and held f11 until it was apparent that the nvram was reset.

Back