Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ok! Maybe I'll try this route. It's really such a random behavior. Disabled CSM again.

FW audio came back :D RANDOM!

Will try cold boot a last time and see if it stays and Report back!
Gone again after cold boot! Then it will be clean install again!

Gone again after cold boot! Then it will be clean install again!
Audio is back again after CSM enabled.

Also that the Boot loader shows the name of the "test disk" twice after SD cloned to a Disk with another name and in macOS / Disk Utility it is showing the right name, is really strange.

I will do a clean install again and use Migration assistant.

It's time to move on from Mojave, and, although there seems to be some trouble with my FW audio sometimes; it seems that there is a pattern to random. THX for your support! ;)

I can't think of anything that can cause the crashing other than defective video card... Especially when everything works correctly with your Vega 64.

I swapped the AsRock Phantom Gaming RX6900XT for a PowerColour Red Dragon RX6800XT which solved the issues. The people at the pop-up store, where I could return the faulty card, were already laughing when they inspected the surveillance camera's at my entering. They said to each other "there you have one more again.." so it's quite common to their knowledge RX6xxx are issue cards. They told me they receive them in large quantities back for warranty... I could just swap it because it was just 13 days old. If it will fail again I will move to nVidia and later to M1. If not I'm happy to stay with my RX 6800 xt for a while.

Audio is back again after CSM enabled.

Also that the Boot loader shows the name of the "test disk" twice after SD cloned to a Disk with another name and in macOS / Disk Utility it is showing the right name, is really strange.

I will do a clean install again and use Migration assistant.

It's time to move on from Mojave, and, although there seems to be some trouble with my FW audio sometimes; it seems that there is a pattern to random. THX for your support! ;)
Today I found out, when I go into BIOS when Hack is starting and restart from there, it always detects my FW audio. Just save and exit without making any changes makes my FW audio work.

Hi Pastrychef,

Sorry, this must have been asked many times before;
I'm updating from Catelina/Clover to Monterey/OpenCore.
I have downloaded the latest version of OpenCore, 0.8.6, and I guess I should or could use the SSDT-DMAR.aml, SSDT-PLUG.aml and SSDT-EC.aml file provided by this version of OpenCore.

I would like to use my custom SSDT_USB.aml and SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, I made years ago for my Z370 Maximus X mobo (Stork build). I guess I have to use the USBinjectAll.kext doing so (am I ?:)).
Do you happen to know if I can use those old custom .aml file I made, if so, can I just add them in the EFI / ACPI folder, or should I rename them to the default .aml files provided by OpenCore or delete those default .aml files ?

Kind regards, you rock !,

Michiel

I would like to use my custom SSDT_USB.aml and SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, I made years ago for my Z370 Maximus X mobo (Stork build). I guess I have to use the USBinjectAll.kext doing so (am I ?:)).
Do you happen to know if I can use those old custom .aml file I made, if so, can I just add them in the EFI / ACPI folder, or should I rename them to the default .aml files provided by OpenCore or delete those default .aml files ?

Copy your SSDT_USB.aml to /EFI/OC/ACPI/.
Copy your USBInjectAll.kext to /EFI/OC/Kexts/.
Open your OpenCore config.plist with OpenCore Configurator.
Add your SSDT_USB.aml to config.plist > ACPI.
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 7.04.09 AM.png
Add USBInjectAll.kext to config.plist > Kernel to the bottom of the list.
Delete or uncheck the "Enable" checkbox for USBPorts.kext.
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 7.06.26 AM.png
Save.
Put this EFI on the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
Reboot and test that all your USB ports work correctly.

Last edited:
Hi Pastrychef,

Just to be sure; I use my own custom SSDT_USB.aml and SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, on top of / and keeping the default SSDT-DMAR.aml, SSDT-PLUG.aml and SSDT-EC.aml files provided by OpenCore ?
(sorry it's been a while)

Kind regards

Hi Pastrychef,

Just to be sure; I use my own custom SSDT_USB.aml and SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, on top of / and keeping the default SSDT-DMAR.aml, SSDT-PLUG.aml and SSDT-EC.aml files provided by OpenCore ?
(sorry it's been a while)

Kind regards

Just use your own SSDT_USB.aml. Leave everything else intact.

Back