Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Is the RX 6600 XT worth the expense on a Z370 system?

The Z370 should not be a bottle neck, if that's what you're asking. I think the 6600 XT pairs very nicely with it. You're getting performance very similar to a Radeon VII or 5700 XT with much better power consumption.

After update to macOS Ventura 13.0,it unable to log in to the system, run the code directly black screen.This is my efi,could you check it.

Last edited:
After update to macOS Ventura 13.0,it unable to log in to the system, run the code directly black screen.This is my efi,could you check it.

What is the following DeviceProperty for?

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 7.37.40 AM.png

It’s a nvidia card gtx 1050,i disabled it.

Hmm... I don't have any experience with disabling GPUs...

Maybe try using the "disable-gpu" property instead.

Or, you can try plugging your monitor to the motherboard and add "-wegnoegpu" boot arg.

Pastry may I say a big thank you for supporting this hardware configuration for about 5 years! I think it's time to update my system because my VEGA 64 is becoming somewhat slow in Windows gaming. Do you already support a newer up to date platform (AMD ryzen?) or what do you advise to look for? I can also limit my update to an upgrade of the VEGA 64 to a 6900XT which is becoming affordable right now. I already have the i9 9900K over the i7 8700k and 64GB RAM. Can you advise me something to look for?

Do you already support a newer up to date platform (AMD ryzen?)
Here's a quote from @pastrychef August 27th in this thread:
I have never even touched a system with anything beyond Coffee Lake. I had no interest in any of it since Apple announced their transition to Apple Silicon. I just know that my M1 Max feels considerably faster than my Coffee Lake systems. I don't care if Intel or AMD releases CPUs several magnitudes faster than Apple Silicon, if I can't run macOS, it means nothing to me. The super fast boot times are also nice.
The only way you can be 100% certain to have macOS support past Ventura is to buy an Apple Si Mac. Apple may still offer support for Intel in macOS 14 next year but after that, it doesn't look promising. All the Apple Silicon Macs will have been released by next Fall and they want Apple Mac owners to upgrade their older Macs to them. If being on the latest macOS release isn't important to you, then yes, you can do another newer Hackintosh build and keep using Monterey or Ventura for 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Back