Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I still remember when Steve Jobs envisioned Macs as our "digital hub". I think, today, my iPhone is my digital hub.

View attachment 550365

I've still got my Palm PDA. :thumbup:

And you're right, our phones can control everything now. Even your Tesla, if you're fortunate enough to have one.

:)

So after using Clover on High Sierra for years, I decided to upgrade to Monterey and OpenCore. I downloaded the OpenCore EFI 0.8.1 posted on the front page, and everything seems to work fine, except that WIFI/Bluetooth both aren't working. They used to work fine (using the internal Broadcom card) with Clover and High Sierra, but something broke them. Any ideas? Really appreciate @pastrychef's amazing work here.

So after using Clover on High Sierra for years, I decided to upgrade to Monterey and OpenCore. I downloaded the OpenCore EFI 0.8.1 posted on the front page, and everything seems to work fine, except that WIFI/Bluetooth both aren't working. They used to work fine (using the internal Broadcom card) with Clover and High Sierra, but something broke them. Any ideas? Really appreciate @pastrychef's amazing work here.

Which Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using? In my EFIs, there's no configuration for any Wi-Fi/Bluetooth because I use a BCM94360CS2 which was pulled from a real Mac and doesn't need any configuration.

I have the Broadcom BCM94352Z. Looking at https://dortania.github.io/Wireless-Buyers-Guide/Kext.html#broadcom it seems that I may need to add AirportBrcmFixup and BlueToolFixup, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM for Monterey.

Yeah. That card isn't natively supported and will need additional kexts. Just add them like bellow:

Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 6.05.08 PM.png

OpenCore EFI updated to version 0.8.2.

All kexts updated to latest release versions.

If you intend to upgrade to macOS Ventura, you must be on OpenCore 0.8.2 or higher.

Hi, pasteychef i love your project. Unfortunately my ideas are over so I'm coming back here with a request. Patient:

CPU: i7-8700K
GPU: RX580
M / O: Z370-F

Over the years, everything worked, but recently, and unfortunately, I am not able to say whether it is the same or after the Opencore / OS update, there are three symptoms.
1. Random partial blinking of the screen followed by item 2
2. Violet full screen and crash (most common)
3. Random black screen in front of the login screen.

I tried macOS 12.3, 12.4 and 12 Beata, one of three symptoms everywhere. I also tried to swap DP cables and turned off secondary monitor. The graphics seem to work fine because bios / window / opencore works fine.

Maybe someone has encountered a similar behavior and knows the solution.

I updated opencore to 0.8.2 put problem still occurred.

Attachments

• 32440626-36AB-423F-A33D-DBB113E31A25.jpeg
    32440626-36AB-423F-A33D-DBB113E31A25.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi, pasteychef i love your project. Unfortunately my ideas are over so I'm coming back here with a request. Patient:

CPU: i7-8700K
GPU: RX580
M / O: Z370-F

Over the years, everything worked, but recently, and unfortunately, I am not able to say whether it is the same or after the Opencore / OS update, there are three symptoms.
1. Random partial blinking of the screen followed by item 2
2. Violet full screen and crash (most common)
3. Random black screen in front of the login screen.

I tried macOS 12.3, 12.4 and 12 Beata, one of three symptoms everywhere. I also tried to swap DP cables and turned off secondary monitor. The graphics seem to work fine because bios / window / opencore works fine.

Maybe someone has encountered a similar behavior and knows the solution.

I updated opencore to 0.8.2 put problem still occurred.

If it's random, it might be a hardware issue. How hot is the video card when this happens?

If it's random, it might be a hardware issue. How hot is the video card when this happens?
Always around 50C. Is the a way to check iGPU with newest version of opencore. I tried to change BIOS to force iGPU, but it won’t boot.

Back