Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Make sure config.plist > Kernel > Quirks > DisableRtcChecksum is enabled.
Yes of course, I forgot about that because it (DisableRtcChecksum) was already enabled in my config.plist.
See my last Post #12041

I used OCAT (OpenCore Aux Tools) to upgrade from .76 to .77 without issue or incident. I didn't test audio 3.5MM output, only HDMI (which seems fine).

In other news, my Asus "red" USB ports both died. :(. I was screwing in an antenna to the new Broadcom wifi 9304CS2 card's antenna ports (while the machine was on, because hey, what could happen!?) and my mouse and keyboard, both attached to those ports, located right next to the antenna and the wifi card I was touching, stopped working. A disable/enable later and those ports still don't work. I've a feeling they're lost forever. :(

I used OCAT (OpenCore Aux Tools) to upgrade from .76 to .77 without issue or incident. I didn't test audio 3.5MM output, only HDMI (which seems fine).

In other news, my Asus "red" USB ports both died. :(. I was screwing in an antenna to the new Broadcom wifi 9304CS2 card's antenna ports (while the machine was on, because hey, what could happen!?) and my mouse and keyboard, both attached to those ports, located right next to the antenna and the wifi card I was touching, stopped working. A disable/enable later and those ports still don't work. I've a feeling they're lost forever. :(

AppleALC does not handle HDMI audio.

If you just touched the outside of the USB ports, I think they should still work. That's just ground. Test with Windows or Linux.

Audio: Yep, just commenting HDMI audio isn’t impacted.

USB: They’re really dead. Gone. In Hackintool the Asmedia SomethingSomething doesn’t show up anymore in the USB tab. No power to a mouse when I plug it in. No control or feedback at the EFI boot up (or reaction to DEL at attempt to get into BIOS). I am pretty sure I killed it. :(

AppleALC: 1.69 (compiled via Hacktool) fixes 1.68's 3.5MM audio issue; no other change whatsoever is required.

Is SSDT-DMAR required if we disable VT-d in BIOS already, or use DisableIOMapper quirk?

Is SSDT-DMAR required if we disable VT-d in BIOS already, or use DisableIOMapper quirk?

No, but it's part of what's required to enable "AppleVTD".

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.10.06 PM.png

Approx half hour later...

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 2.43.48 PM.png

Back