Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

ok .. too bad... but even if I inject the devices properties among the PCI tree?

View attachment 501370
May I ask what all these values mean? With my Vega 56 I only used the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable values... Besides, CMMCHris reccomends to use PP_DisableDIDT=1 (Number) and PP,PP_DisableULV=0 (Number) for the Radeon Vega VII

May I ask what all these values mean? With my Vega 56 I only used the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable values... Besides, CMMCHris reccomends to use PP_DisableDIDT=1 (Number) and PP,PP_DisableULV=0 (Number) for the Radeon Vega VII

I don't know. I never looked in to what each of the individual settings do.

Hi @pastrychef,
Just curious - are you planning to update the main thread regarding to Big Sur ?
Thanks!

I wasn't planning on any updates. The installation procedure is pretty much the same as it has always been and I update the EFI folders on a pretty regular basis. It's just a matter of using the latest EFI to get Big Sur working.

hello pastrychef, help please, using your efi for asus z390-h motherboard and 5700xt graphics card requires any modifications?

hello pastrychef, help please, using your efi for asus z390-h motherboard and 5700xt graphics card requires any modifications?

You will have better luck with my Z390 EFI (link to my Z390 build is below, in my signature).
  1. In config.plist > DeviceProperties, delete everything except the audio device.
  2. In config.plist > Kernel > Add, disable my USB ports kext.
  3. In config.plist > Kernel > Quirks, enable XhciPortLimit.
  4. In config.plist > NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args, add "agdpmod=pikera" (without the quotes).

After you have macOS installed and running, create your own USB ports kext. Add it to the EFI and enable it in config.plist and disable XhciPortLimit.

I also highly advise that you read through posts #1 and 3 in my Z390 thread.

You will have better luck with my Z390 EFI (link to my Z390 build is below, in my signature).
  1. In config.plist > DeviceProperties, delete everything except the audio device.
  2. In config.plist > Kernel > Add, disable my USB ports kext.
  3. In config.plist > Kernel > Quirks, enable XhciPortLimit.
  4. In config.plist > NVRAM > 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 > boot-args, add "agdpmod=pikera" (without the quotes).

After you have macOS installed and running, create your own USB ports kext. Add it to the EFI and enable it in config.plist and disable XhciPortLimit.

I also highly advise that you read through posts #1 and 3 in my Z390 thread.
I took into account all the changes, but got this message, this is very new to me, I ask for advice.
After this message, the boot source selection menu appears and I see all the options and my drive, but I cannot select because there is no response to keyboard presses.

Can you suggest the reason for this oc response?

Attachments

• IMG_3418.jpg
    IMG_3418.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
I took into account all the changes, but got this message, this is very new to me, I ask for advice.
After this message, the boot source selection menu appears and I see all the options and my drive, but I cannot select because there is no response to keyboard presses.

Can you suggest the reason for this oc response?

Don't use your old config.plist. Use the config.plist included with my EFI and copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and MAC address to it.

I don't know. I never looked in to what each of the individual settings do.
Well I asked CMMChris and he answered that they are not correct, but don‘t work anymore anyways. He told me to only use the ppts

Back