Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I'm afraid that did not work.

i've attached the info.plist here to see if i made an error in editing it.

I edited it twice. One for HS13 and one for HS14. I don't know which port your Bluetooth adaptor is using but one of them should work...

Attachments

• HS13.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 59
  • HS14.zip
    2 KB · Views: 39
I edited it twice. One for HS13 and one for HS14. I don't know which port your Bluetooth adaptor is using but one of them should work...

HS14 works! thank you so much pastry!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 11.57.48 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 11.57.48 PM.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 42
one last thing whilst we're on the topic of wifi card. do i have to update the MAC address in the config? the mac address initially was on the asus Lan port, but now i'm using the wifi pcie card it has a different mac address

one last thing whilst we're on the topic of wifi card. do i have to update the MAC address in the config? the mac address initially was on the asus Lan port, but now i'm using the wifi pcie card it has a different mac address

No. You should enter the MAC address of the motherboard ethernet, not the Wi-Fi MAC address.

You need to map out your ports first so you know which port is which. Then you can easily mod the USBPorts.kext with a plist editor.
Ohh.. I thought I could just use snoopy69's post #3005 mentioned in the OP with detailed mapping info as a reference and edit the names in your USBports.kext according to my needs, wrong assumption I guess.

I booted from your clover EFI, followed the new instructions to map the ports, for some reason one of the back USB-2 ports would not show up in hackintool (no big deal as I was going to disable both anyway), testing internal headers is a bit hard (no way to plug a flash drive there or even remove and reattach the connectors due to lack of space, GPU is a thicc boi, connectors are super tight in there too) so I just went the assumption that were indeed top to bottom and left HS12/13 there and it worked. I have control over my Kraken AIO again.

EDIT: Oh, somehow this seems to have fixed my issues with hw acceleration in Twitch, VLC and Brave Browser. (so far)
Thanks.

Just a quality of life question here

Is there any way to change the setting for the order of boot and also if I could extend the delay timer before it auto boots into the left most drive?

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_134937_697.jpg
    IMG_20200823_134937_697.jpg
    611 KB · Views: 32
Yes you can!, in Clover Configurator > Boot.
Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 7.52.41 AM.png

Just a quality of life question here

Is there any way to change the setting for the order of boot and also if I could extend the delay timer before it auto boots into the left most drive?

To set the default boot volume, go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select the drive you'd like to boot from.

I am unaware of any way to set the visual order of how the volumes appear at the OpenCore boot menu. There may be a way, I just never looked in to it...

Back