Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for the data!
What is the correct way to enter this data in OpenCore info.plist?
BTW thanks for your time and patience!

Open your config.plst with a text editor (make sure it's a PLAIN TEXT editor).
Scroll down to the DeviceProperties section.
Copy and paste the info I posted above.

Hi, I have a configuration very similar to this. Does it have a sense to try iMac Pro sys def on a Z370 or should I stay with the, so far super reliable, iMac 18,3...?

Thanks

If everything is working well, I would just leave it for now.

It can be any number.
Hi Pastrychef,
Please have a look at my info.plist
I entered the PowerPlay Table, but it does not seem to do anything
(With the old RadeonBoot 1.0 Geekbench was about 71050 or more, no it is only 58096, I had Winecoin; now it's quiet)
Did I made a mistake?

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.7 KB · Views: 60
Hi Pastrychef,
(With the old RadeonBoot 1.0 Geekbench was about 71050 or more, no it is only 58096, I had Winecoin; now it's quiet)
Did I made a mistake?

config.plist looks fine to me.

Injecting power play tables does very different things from what RadeonBoost.kext did.

Injecting power play tables changes the clocks (i.e. underclock/overclock).

RadeonBoost.kext changed the drivers or driver properties used by macOS.

Hi Pastrychef,
Did I made a mistake?

One more thing...

If the cooling on your Vega is not good enough, it will throttle and your overclocks won't matter.

On my Vega 56 Red Dragon, I used Liquid Metal on the die and heatsink plus, I changed the thermal pads used for the VRAM and VRM.

Hum... In that case, how do I enable the internal board USB ports?

USBPorts.kext should be doing it. That's why you configured it.

If everything is working well, I would just leave it for now.
Thanks for the reply, one last question, I see that on your config you ser CsrActiveConfig to 0x0 to enable SIP. Is this recommended? I always used 0x67 and thought was mandatory to have a properly working machine with unsigned kexts...

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, one last question, I see that on your config you ser CsrActiveConfig to 0x0 to enable SIP. Is this recommended? I always used 0x67 and thought was mandatory to have a properly working machine with unsigned kexts...

SIP is an added security layer for macOS. Apple ships Macs with it enabled. I don't see any good reason to disable it if you don't have to.

I've had SIP enabled for a very long time and my hacks work fine. Use the bootloader to inject your kexts and you don't have to worry about unsigned kexts.

Back