Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef
Ok; I can boot from SSD, but only when I remove the Microsoft folder.
but then OpenCore doesn't 'see' the Windows 10 option.
Two questions:
* How can I fix this?
* How / where do I enter in OpenCore my preferd bootpartition (Mojave)
Thanks again!

Last edited:
@pastrychef
Ok; I can boot from SSD, but only when I remove the Microsoft folder.
but then OpenCore doesn't 'see' the Windows 10 option.
Two questions:
* How can I fix this?
* How / where do I enter in OpenCore my preferd bootpartition (Mojave)
Thanks again!

I don't know why OpenCore doesn't see your Windows drive.

If Windows is messing with your EFI folder, you can make the following changes to config.plist:
config.plist > Misc > Security > BootProtect > Bootstrap
config.plist > UEFI > Quirks > RequestBootVarRouting > Yes

You select your default boot partition from System Preferences > Startup Disk.

No. That's an older method of port mapping that I stopped using.
Oh, ok. Thanks so much, then I am stuck...
I've been having strange issues in the last couple OS Catalina Versions, it seems to be HW decoding related:
Twitch streams take an insane amount of CPU usage, 50% for two tabs.
Latest version of VLC sometimes stops working and displays only a green screen and audio, older versions seem to work, the issue came and goes..
Brave Browser sometimes doesn't render anything, windows stay blank for a few minutes, then return to normal.

MacX says HW decoding is enabled.
I never had any of these problems before but I also recently changed to sys def to iMac19,1 as it's the Coffee Lake OpenCore recommendation for Desktops. I know there's a post somewhere you specify which sys defs cause particular problems but I've searched but can't find it. Sorry to bother you. welp?

Attached config in case i might have messed something up, serial removed.

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.2 KB · Views: 54
Oh, ok. Thanks so much, then I am stuck...
I've been having strange issues in the last couple OS Catalina Versions, it seems to be HW decoding related:
Twitch streams take an insane amount of CPU usage, 50% for two tabs.
Latest version of VLC sometimes stops working and displays only a green screen and audio, older versions seem to work, the issue came and goes..
Brave Browser sometimes doesn't render anything, windows stay blank for a few minutes, then return to normal.

MacX says HW decoding is enabled.
I never had any of these problems before but I also recently changed to sys def to iMac19,1 as it's the Coffee Lake OpenCore recommendation for Desktops. I know there's a post somewhere you specify which sys defs cause particular problems but I've searched but can't find it. Sorry to bother you. welp?

Attached config in case i might have messed something up, serial removed.

Do you have IGPU enabled in BIOS? It sounds like IGPU is not configured correctly.

Put some jpeg files and some mp4 videos on your desktop. Highlight them and press the space bar. What happens?

If you want to avoid setting up IGPU, just use iMacPro1,1. It makes for a much easier setup.

Put some jpeg files and some mp4 videos on your desktop. Highlight them and press the space bar. What happens?
Quick look works fine for images and videos.

Do you have IGPU enabled in BIOS? It sounds like IGPU is not configured correctly.
Yes, i think so.
The primary display is PCIE.
IGPU multi-Monitor is enabled.
RC(6) render standby was disabled, I changed it to 'Auto' as I don't have an 'Enabled' option.
DVMT was set to 256mb but I changed it to 128mb as recommended in your guide.
Changes made no difference.

If you want to avoid setting up IGPU, just use iMacPro1,1. It makes for a much easier setup.
I am under the impression that iGPU ON helps with video editing tho, is that correct? If so, that would be a last resort.

Last edited:
Quick look works fine for images and videos.

Yes, i think so.
The primary display is PCIE.
IGPU multi-Monitor is enabled.
RC(6) render standby was disabled, I changed it to 'Auto' as I don't have an 'Enabled' option.
DVMT was set to 256mb but I changed it to 128mb as recommended in your guide.
Changes made no difference.

I am under the impression that iGPU ON helps with video editing tho, is that correct? If so, that would be a last resort.

If Quick Look is working then IGPU is enabled and working. There's nothing else to configure.

If IGPU were not configured correctly, Quick Look would not be working.

Not sure why you are having issues with Twitch and VLC.

Bummer... Thanks for your time @pastrychef I appreciate it.
Just one more question since its the only thing I can think of, is the new method of port mapping compatible with the uia_exclude flag?

If you are using USBPorts.kext, you should not be using USBInjectAll.kext or the "uia_exclude" flag.

Back