Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Oké, I can boot from USB, copy’d EFI to the boot ssd, but it’s not vissible when I have a look in the bios. What am I doing wrong (again)?
Can I not just copy the new OC EFI folder to the ssd?
I feel stupid

Yeah. Just put it on the EFI partition of your SSD. Replace the Clover EFI.

Hi pastry

I would like your advise on my build. The build is pretty similar to yours where the specs are

Asus rog z370-g wifi
16gb 3200mhz ram
Msi gaming x rx580 8gb
Crucial p1 1tb ssd nvme

Im planning to use clover to install catalina since I prefer the boot menu that clover offers for dual booting.

The problem I'm having so far are
1. In the bios I do not have the graphics RC6 or DVMT options - is this integral to the build? I updated the bios to the newest available for the motherboard

2. When making the boot drive using unibeast 10.3.0 then replacing the efi folder with the supplied efi clover r5120. The installation goes fine until the first reboot in the installation process, then it gets stuck with a black blank screen. - did I miss a step here or did something wrong?

P.s. I'm using hdmi output on the rx580

Hi pastry

I would like your advise on my build. The build is pretty similar to yours where the specs are

Asus rog z370-g wifi
16gb 3200mhz ram
Msi gaming x rx580 8gb
Crucial p1 1tb ssd nvme

Im planning to use clover to install catalina since I prefer the boot menu that clover offers for dual booting.

1. In the bios I do not have the graphics RC6 or DVMT options - is this integral to the build? I updated the bios to the newest available for the motherboard

2. When making the boot drive using unibeast 10.3.0 then replacing the efi folder with the supplied efi clover r5120. The installation goes fine until the first reboot in the installation process, then it gets stuck with a black blank screen. - did I miss a step here or did something wrong?

Try rebooting in to BIOS again. The IGPU options sometimes doesn't appear on first attempt at going in to BIOS. I have no idea why it does that.

Your RX 580 should be natively supported by macOS... Not sure why you are getting a black screen... Does your PC case have a disk activity light? Is there still disk activity when the screen goes black? If yes, please try leaving it until the disk activity stop.

Hi pastry

Asus rog z370-g wifi
16gb 3200mhz ram
Msi gaming x rx580 8gb
Crucial p1 1tb ssd nvme

Update 1:

I gave up on trying to make clover work and I just went opencore and was gladly surprised that the new opencore has the gui for multi boot hoorah!

So I used the opencore efi supplied in the first post with no modifications and it just works. Installed and booted into mac OS.

What's working
All usb ports
Front and back audio jack
Audio over display port
Both display port on rx580 works
Ethernet

What's not working
Hdmi port on rx580

I've not tested anything else yet.

Do I need to tweak something to get the hdmi ports working?

Currently I'm still waiting on the WiFi card to arrive. I bought the fenvi t919 which uses the BCM94360CD card.

Do I need additional kext and modification to the config.plist to get this wifi and Bluetooth working?

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_130414_046.jpg
    IMG_20200823_130414_046.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Update 1:

I gave up on trying to make clover work and I just went opencore and was gladly surprised that the new opencore has the gui for multi boot hoorah!

So I used the opencore efi supplied in the first post with no modifications and it just works. Installed and booted into mac OS.

What's working
All usb ports
Front and back audio jack
Audio over display port
Both display port on rx580 works
Ethernet

What's not working
Hdmi port on rx580

I've not tested anything else yet.

Do I need to tweak something to get the hdmi ports working?

Currently I'm still waiting on the WiFi card to arrive. I bought the fenvi t919 which uses the BCM94360CD card.

Do I need additional kext and modification to the config.plist to get this wifi and Bluetooth working?

Nice!

Open your config.plist with a plist editor and navigate to config.plist > Kernel > Add > and look for WhateverGreen and make sure it is set to be enabled. This should get your HDMI ports working. However, if at all possible, try to use DisplayPort instead of HDMI. I've never been able to get HDMI to work well in macOS.

The Fenvi card should be plug-n-play. Is it a PCI-e card? If yes, you will need to edit the USBPorts.kext to get Bluetooth working.

Nice!

Open your config.plist with a plist editor and navigate to config.plist > Kernel > Add > and look for WhateverGreen and make sure it is set to be enabled. This should get your HDMI ports working. However, if at all possible, try to use DisplayPort instead of HDMI. I've never been able to get HDMI to work well in macOS.

The Fenvi card should be plug-n-play. Is it a PCI-e card? If yes, you will need to edit the USBPorts.kext to get Bluetooth working.

I'll give it a try and report my progress.

Yes the fenvi is a pcie card. What should I be looking for when editing the USB Ports kext?

I'll give it a try and report my progress.

Yes the fenvi is a pcie card. What should I be looking for when editing the USB Ports kext?

Please see this post.

That's assuming that you will be plugging the Bluetooth cable from the Fenvi card to the HS13 port on the motherboard.

Please see @snoopy69 post to find out which port your Fenvi card will be using.

Nice!

I've check the config plist and whatever green is enabled. Resettled the nvram and now hdmi is working flawlessly

Please see this post.

That's assuming that you will be plugging the Bluetooth cable from the Fenvi card to the HS13 port on the motherboard.

Please see @snoopy69 post to find out which port your Fenvi card will be using.

Thanks I'll look into it once I get the card installed. Appreciate all your help!

Back