Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Make sure everything is stable before attempting to overclock. If the system is unstable and you overclock, you won't know if the problem is the overclock or with your hackintosh configuration when you experience problems.

Leave it disabled for now.

Thanks Pastry My z-370 is more stable with the changes you had me do. I had projects to edit and finish but eventually will want to OC the processor and memory.

I received a "new" system yesterday: Asus z270 p prime and I7 7700k. I'll put and Rx 580 pulse in it for the install but I have ordered an rx 5700 xt, so I'd like ton install Catalina on that one.

Which of your efi folders, sys def and Clover build to create the install thumb drive would you reccommend ?

Thanks Pastry My z-370 is more stable with the changes you had me do. I had projects to edit and finish but eventually will want to OC the processor and memory.

I received a "new" system yesterday: Asus z270 p prime and I7 7700k. I'll put and Rx 580 pulse in it for the install but I have ordered an rx 5700 xt, so I'd like ton install Catalina on that one.

Which of your efi folders, sys def and Clover build to create the install thumb drive would you reccommend ?

The Clover EFI from post #1 should work for Z270 with little to no changes. Just choose an appropriate system definition for Z270.

upon install, I get : an error occurred validating the installer data..download Is either damaged or incomplete...would that have anything to do with what you mentioned?

upon install, I get : an error occurred validating the installer data..download Is either damaged or incomplete...would that have anything to do with what you mentioned?

It looks unrelated. Try redoing your USB installer.

Which of these drivers are mandatory for the USB installer, because I tried with all of these I got a blank screen...when I only used APFSDriverloader, HFSplus and virtual SMC I got to the clover boot loader menu at least....

Which of these drivers are mandatory for the USB installer, because I tried with all of these I got a blank screen...when I only used APFSDriverloader, HFSplus and virtual SMC I got to the clover boot loader menu at least....

None of those drivers should cause a black screen.

The only ones that are not essential are AppleGenericInput, AppleUISupport and VirtualSmc.

New USB installer did the trick. Post install ?... add 18.3 SMBIOS to EFI Clover r5120 Z370G (Catalina) v2 plist with serial - adjust other folder with the right and latest kexts - remove devices entries in the plist (there are still some in this one ?) - remove Z390 sub folders in OEM ? - Remove patched SSDT-EC-USBX in ACPI ? then...

Up and running, so far only wi-fi does not work....thankfully yours ;)

New USB installer did the trick. Post install ?... add 18.3 SMBIOS to EFI Clover r5120 Z370G (Catalina) v2 plist with serial - adjust other folder with the right and latest kexts - remove devices entries in the plist (there are still some in this one ?) - remove Z390 sub folders in OEM ? - Remove patched SSDT-EC-USBX in ACPI ? then...

Up and running, so far only wi-fi does not work....thankfully yours ;)

All the kexts should already be latest release versions.
You shouldn't need to remove SSDT-USBX.
You can delete the Z390 sub folder.
The only device property in config.plist is for audio. There's a very high likelihood that it's the same path as your Z270.

This really shows how similar Z270 and Z370 are. Z370 shares more in common with Z270 than with B360 or Z390.

Last edited:
Back