Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi pastrychef, my USB devices have been working fine on the latest EFI for a while but I haven't been able to sync my keyboard to its software (Razer). This wasn't the case with older EFIs; I tried messing with some USB settings in config.plist but it didn't work. Can you take a look?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    41.9 MB · Views: 163
Hi @pastrychef
thank's for your OpenCore 0.6.0 Z370G (Catalina), everything works perfectly. :thumbup:

Hi pastrychef, my USB devices have been working fine on the latest EFI for a while but I haven't been able to sync my keyboard to its software (Razer). This wasn't the case with older EFIs; I tried messing with some USB settings in config.plist but it didn't work. Can you take a look?

What do you mean you can't sync with Razer software? Is the keyboard working?

What do you mean you can't sync with Razer software? Is the keyboard working?

Everything works perfectly fine when I boot into Windows. It's likely an improperly configured USB fix, but I can't figure out what it is. As in the attached screenshot, Razer Synapse recognizes the keyboard's USB controller but can't interact with it.
Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 11.34.46 AM.png

Everything works perfectly fine when I boot into Windows. It's likely an improperly configured USB fix, but I can't figure out what it is. As in the attached screenshot, Razer Synapse recognizes the keyboard's USB controller but can't interact with it.
View attachment 482976

Hmm... I don't know why the software isn't working... Your USB configuration looks fine...

Hmm... I don't know why the software isn't working... Your USB configuration looks fine...

I see, ok. Perhaps I'll try to make the OpenCore EFI work, that might solve it.

When I check for updates, I get a screen that says "No Updates. All your apps are up to date". No list of recent updates; just text. [snip]

FWIW, yesterday (after nearly a year of no updates showing up) they all magically showed up again. I made -no- changes, so I've got to assume it was something on Apple's end...

@pastrychef
Thanks for the new OpenCore 0.6 Zip file, used that one to update my older version. Works very well! :)

The change is FakeSMC to VirtualSMC. FakeSMC provides more sensors.

I don't know what it is about VirtualSMC that's causing Davinci Resolve to crash...

Please try replacing VirtualSMC with FakeSMC.
Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
Delete SMCProcessor.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext, and VirtualSMC.kext.
In the same folder, install the attached kexts.

Thanks! Is using VirtualSMC better than Fake SMC?

P.S. Davinci Resolve needs to be "activated" more complex way. Don't know how it depend on Clover config.

Thanks! Is using VirtualSMC better than Fake SMC?

P.S. Davinci Resolve needs to be "activated" more complex way. Don't know how it depend on Clover config.

it's not "better", just different. Use whichever one is more compatible.

Back