Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

An hour now and none of the :there was a problem with this web page it reloaded....improvemnt...I won't win any geek bench contests but at least it's more stable.

No crashes running simple programs lick disk utility, geek bench....

Gonna try your EFI meanwhile

If the XMP profile is not stable, you can manually configure and overclock the RAM.

If it's not crashing with XMP disabled, then you've found the problem.

You should also disable the DVMT prealloc workaround in your config.plist because you are able to set it in BIOS. Therefore, no workaround is necessary.

If you need the kext for the ASM1061, then it has to be installed...

Where is that DVMT workaround in my plist I wasn't aware I put one in?

I noticed you removed my MLB and set CSR to 0x0...can I change CSR bac to 0x37 ? It seems to permit my LULU kext from loading (it's akin to little snitch).

I wonder if the XMP problems were just because I had the onboard amp switch on? Cause I have no idea on how to manually oc me memory nor my cpu...will test this with your EFI for a while...

Where is that DVMT workaround in my plist I wasn't aware I put one in?

I noticed you removed my MLB and set CSR to 0x0...can I change CSR bac to 0x37 ? It seems to permit my LULU kext from loading (it's akin to little snitch).

I wonder if the XMP problems were just because I had the onboard amp switch on? Cause I have no idea on how to manually oc me memory nor my cpu...will test this with your EFI for a while...

The "stolenmem" is the workaround, but you can delete all of that stuff. It's not needed.
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 6.35.05 PM.png

Yes, you can disable SIP but I don't see a point in doing so... I also use the Lulu firewall and have no problems with it and SIP enabled. Try reinstalling it.

Last edited:
The "stolenmem" is the workaround, but you can delete all of that stuff. It's not needed.
View attachment 479932

Yes, you can disable SIP but I don't see a point in doing so... I also use the Lulu firewall and have no problems with it and SIP enabled. Try reinstalling it.
what do you mean by all of that stuff ? because I've had really mixe results when removing ig platform id - device id or Framebuffer patch enable....

what do you mean by all of that stuff ? because I've had really mixe results when removing ig platform id - device id or Framebuffer patch enable....

I mean the entire PciRoot entry.

What mixed results did you have? I don't use that for any of the EFIs that I give people.

put XMP profile back on....no crashes while browsing so far with too test 32 tabs open lol
CPU geek bench went up
GPU metal crashed....

put XMP profile back on....no crashes while browsing so far with too test 32 tabs open lol
CPU geek bench went up
GPU metal crashed....

If GPU test is crashing your system, maybe it's your video card. Make sure the card is not overheating.

Also, try the same set of tests with XMP disabled.

Check in BIOS and see what the BCLK setting is with XMP enabled and disabled.

Last edited:
I mean the entire PciRoot entry.

What mixed results did you have? I don't use that for any of the EFIs that I give people.
Well the complications WERE WEG didn't recognize my platform id or cpu device ID correctly...pro apps programs crashed, DRM and quick sync were not working correctly etc etc, but with your new EFI and the PCI root entry disabled none of the complications seem to be back...

with XMP on metal geek bench 4 works, metal geek bench 5 crashes

without both work

will check the BCLK setting and report

Well the complications WERE WEG didn't recognize my platform id or cpu device ID correctly...pro apps programs crashed, DRM and quick sync were not working correctly etc etc, but with your new EFI and the PCI root entry disabled none of the complications seem to be back...

with XMP on metal geek bench 4 works, metal geek bench 5 crashes

without both work

will check the BCLK setting and report

In reality, you probably don't even need WhateverGreen unless you are running multiple monitors.

In my opinion, your problem is unstable XMP profile.

Back