Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

As far as I know, all Navi cards need the "agdp=pikera" boot argument. That's the only change that should be required.
Thanks pastrychef. By the way, is this still true?
Screenshot 2020-06-13 at 11.44.04 PM.png

Thanks pastrychef. By the way, is this still true?
View attachment 475841

I never knew or heard of DisplayPort being hit or miss. Generally speaking DisplayPort is the most desirable port to use with macOS. HDMI is what's "hit or miss" and that has nothing to do with WhateverGreen.

I don't know about dual monitor with Navi cards.

Hi @pastrychef
My system crashed all the sudden(DP not working after restart)
Even a clean install with time machine restore not solve this issue.

I decided to restart a fresh hackintosh.

Do you suggest still go with clover or maybe try open core?
My rig(same as yours except the rx580):
i7-8700k
ASUS 370G wifi
sapphire rx580 nitro+

Thanks!

Hi @pastrychef
My system crashed all the sudden(DP not working after restart)
Even a clean install with time machine restore not solve this issue.

I decided to restart a fresh hackintosh.

Do you suggest still go with clover or maybe try open core?
My rig(same as yours except the rx580):
i7-8700k
ASUS 370G wifi
sapphire rx580 nitro+

Thanks!

For me, both Clover and OpenCore work equally well. I don't really see any advantages of one over the other. You can try OpenCore and switch back to Clover if you don't like it. You can switch between the two bootloaders without having to make any changes to your macOS installation.

Hi everyone!

I’m at my wits end and hopefully someone can figure this out. I’ve had this build for a few months and for the most part everything seems to be working although I’ve had an issue that has me a bit discouraged. Basically, my hack will fall asleep no problem, but after anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours, the computer will randomly wake and spin up, but then immediately falls asleep. Is this normal? Regularly this wouldn’t be an issue, but while this happens the computer initiates processes that shouldn’t happen when it’s asleep, for example Mail.app will filter all my incoming mail, which is something I’d like to avoid.

I’ve done several things to troubleshoot the issue and while I’m not certain I figured it had something to do with USB, like most sleep/wake issues seem to be. However, I’ve used pastrychef’s SSDT-USB.aml and made the uia_exclude boot arguments in config.plist, and when that didn’t work I made my own aml file several times. I don’t have any non essential usb devices plugged in (just my keyboard and mouse) and I’ve even unplugged the usb connection of my Corsair H100i from the mobo as I had also read that might be an issue but to no avail. I’ve put in my own USBPorts.kext (and kept the XHCI-200-series-injector) and removed the USBInjectAll.kext and disabled all the USB Port limit patches in clover.

The wake reasons are usually “XDCI XHC” or “RTC (Alarm)”.

If anyone has any insight to this issue it would be greatly appreciated. I’m willing to start over if required but hopefully this an easy fix that I’m just overlooking something.

Hi everyone!

I’m at my wits end and hopefully someone can figure this out. I’ve had this build for a few months and for the most part everything seems to be working although I’ve had an issue that has me a bit discouraged. Basically, my hack will fall asleep no problem, but after anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours, the computer will randomly wake and spin up, but then immediately falls asleep. Is this normal? Regularly this wouldn’t be an issue, but while this happens the computer initiates processes that shouldn’t happen when it’s asleep, for example Mail.app will filter all my incoming mail, which is something I’d like to avoid.

I’ve done several things to troubleshoot the issue and while I’m not certain I figured it had something to do with USB, like most sleep/wake issues seem to be. However, I’ve used pastrychef’s SSDT-USB.aml and made the uia_exclude boot arguments in config.plist, and when that didn’t work I made my own aml file several times. I don’t have any non essential usb devices plugged in (just my keyboard and mouse) and I’ve even unplugged the usb connection of my Corsair H100i from the mobo as I had also read that might be an issue but to no avail. I’ve put in my own USBPorts.kext (and kept the XHCI-200-series-injector) and removed the USBInjectAll.kext and disabled all the USB Port limit patches in clover.

The wake reasons are usually “XDCI XHC” or “RTC (Alarm)”.

If anyone has any insight to this issue it would be greatly appreciated. I’m willing to start over if required but hopefully this an easy fix that I’m just overlooking something.

You can try enabling the OpenCore patch to "Disable RTC wake scheduling".

Go to config.plist > Kernel > Patch > 0 > Enable and set to Yes/True.

Also, disable Power Nap in System Preferences > Energy Saver.

You can try enabling the OpenCore patch to "Disable RTC wake scheduling".

Go to config.plist > Kernel > Patch > 0 > Enable and set to Yes/True.

Also, disable Power Nap in System Preferences > Energy Saver.

Thanks for the reply pastrychef! I had already disabled Power Nap in my Energy Saver System Preferences, as well as Wake for Ethernet network access.

I have never used OpenCore; while I had planned to eventually convert my clover to OpenCore I still hadn't wrapped my head around the specifics. Is this the only way forward in regards to Disabling RTC wake scheduling and your second line (Go to config.plist > Kernel > Patch > 0 > Enable and set to Yes/True.) I apologize if these are things I should already know, and thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the reply pastrychef! I had already disabled Power Nap in my Energy Saver System Preferences, as well as Wake for Ethernet network access.

I have never used OpenCore; while I had planned to eventually convert my clover to OpenCore I still hadn't wrapped my head around the specifics. Is this the only way forward in regards to Disabling RTC wake scheduling and your second line (Go to config.plist > Kernel > Patch > 0 > Enable and set to Yes/True.) I apologize if these are things I should already know, and thanks again for your help.

I don't know how to make an equivalent patch in Clover...

If you are currently using my Clover EFI, switching to the OpenCore EFI is just a matter of copying and pasting a few things over, ie. Serial, Board Serial, etc.

I don't know how to make an equivalent patch in Clover...

If you are currently using my Clover EFI, switching to the OpenCore EFI is just a matter of copying and pasting a few things over, ie. Serial, Board Serial, etc.

Ah okay. It's been so long but I do believe I used your EFI. A few differences are using my own SSDT-USB.aml, and for some reason in Clover > Kexts > other I'm missing FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext (I'm not sure why this is the case, and would this be an issue?) and I had added XHCI-200-series-injkector.kext (although that might be unnecessary now?). I guess the next leg of the journey is converting to OpenCore. Could you provide some direction in regards to doing this, or is it simply a matter of installing the package and copy and pasting things over?

Ah okay. It's been so long but I do believe I used your EFI. A few differences are using my own SSDT-USB.aml, and for some reason in Clover > Kexts > other I'm missing FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext (I'm not sure why this is the case, and would this be an issue?) and I had added XHCI-200-series-injkector.kext (although that might be unnecessary now?). I guess the next leg of the journey is converting to OpenCore. Could you provide some direction in regards to doing this, or is it simply a matter of installing the package and copy and pasting things over?

You can test it by copying the entire OpenCore EFI to the EFI partition of a USB flash drive.
Replace the USBPorts kext in /EFI/OC/Kexts/ with your own. (Make sure you use the same filename.)
Paste in your Serial, Board Serial, etc to the OpenCore config.plist.
Boot from your USB flash drive.

Back