Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

A black screen does not appear every time. But it is annoying. Although the system starts always without problems

It sounds like you are using HDMI... Try using a good quality DisplayPort cable.

Is this a problem due to HDMI? I only have a monitor. Can the DP adapter solve this problem?

Is this a problem due to HDMI? I only have a monitor. Can the DP adapter solve this problem?

Try lowering your refresh to 30Hz and see if the problem still occurs.

When I tried, an active adaptor didn't help. YMMV.

Note that I have 14 XHC ports. I also have 4 PXSX ports, and it's my understanding those aren't impacted by the 15 USB port limit of MacOS.

PastryChef: Can you directly comment on that, please? Is that correct? I'm still on the Asus Z370-G Gamine board with the 'Asus' 3.1 controller adding the top 2 red USB ports...

PastryChef: Can you directly comment on that, please? Is that correct? I'm still on the Asus Z370-G Gamine board with the 'Asus' 3.1 controller adding the top 2 red USB ports...

Correct. The only ports that are counted towards the 15 limit are the XHC ports.

Hi @pastrychef

I'm using BCM94360CS2, and I can not use my Apple Watch to unlock my Mac (but approve by watch works).
The Bluetooth works fine for my machine, and my USB fix does not affect to it
uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS14;HS12;HS13;USR1;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR2

Do you have any suggestion where I can start debugging?

AW.png

Hi @pastrychef

I'm using BCM94360CS2, and I can not use my Apple Watch to unlock my Mac (but approve by watch works).
The Bluetooth works fine for my machine, and my USB fix does not affect to it
uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS14;HS12;HS13;USR1;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR2

Do you have any suggestion where I can start debugging?

View attachment 472187

Sorry... I have no experience with Apple Watch unlock... I don't have an Apple Watch to test.

Hello. Updated to latest version and I now have a “IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3“ error. Strangely boots fine from USB key. Any ideas? Thanks. S
PS signature is wrong. I have a AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. Not sure why it doesn’t say that.

Last edited:
Back