Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi @pastrychef My system is basically a copy of yours, just with 8700k and rx580, it's been rock solid, thanks for your awesome work on this build, really appreciate it.
I recently updated my mojave install to the 10.14.6, i'm a very slow updater, and I want to update my efi folder, to be honest I don't remember the version I'm using but must be very old at this point.

So I'm wondering which version should I use? your latest? that say catalina or the last one that is listed for mojave?

Thanks for your time!

Ah that clears my question :)

I am planning to update to latest Clover 5011, do i need to uncheck the BIOS drivers checkbox and add the same drivers to UEFI drivers?

You don't want any of that stuff. Just update /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi and /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi. Nothing else.

Hi @pastrychef My system is basically a copy of yours, just with 8700k and rx580, it's been rock solid, thanks for your awesome work on this build, really appreciate it.
I recently updated my mojave install to the 10.14.6, i'm a very slow updater, and I want to update my efi folder, to be honest I don't remember the version I'm using but must be very old at this point.

So I'm wondering which version should I use? your latest? that say catalina or the last one that is listed for mojave?

Thanks for your time!

The latest one for Catalina (r5107) should work fine with Mojave.

After downloading and unZipping it, open the config.plist with Clover Configurator.
Go to config.plist > SMBIOS and paste in your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Put the entire EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and test it out before replacing your existing, working EFI.

You don't want any of that stuff. Just update /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi and /EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi. Nothing else.

Thanks, done, seem to be working.

The only thing (I think) isn't working is the GPU. I need to unplug and plug the cable to get rid of the black screen, either with HDMI or DP. :(

The latest one for Catalina (r5107) should work fine with Mojave.

After downloading and unZipping it, open the config.plist with Clover Configurator.
Go to config.plist > SMBIOS and paste in your current Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Put the entire EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB flash drive and test it out before replacing your existing, working EFI.
Will try it! thank you!

Thanks, done, seem to be working.

The only thing (I think) isn't working is the GPU. I need to unplug and plug the cable to get rid of the black screen, either with HDMI or DP. :(

I don't know why that is. I never experienced that with this motherboard.

I just bought a BCM94360CS2 chipset, and I installed it on a PCIe card. My hackintosh does not pick up the Bluetooth. Do you have to do anything special for it to work? It is connected via a small cable from the PCIe card to a USB plug on the motherboard.

Last edited:
I just bought a BCM94360CS2 chipset, and I installed it on a PCIe card. My hackintosh does not pick up the Bluetooth. Do you have to do anything special for it to work? It is connected via a small cable from the PCIe card to a USB plug on the motherboard.

Yes, you need to apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes. That means do not use KextsToPatches to circumvent the port limit.

Cool, thank you. Do I then need to remove the UIA_exclude parameter from boot on clover configurator? I have uia_exclude=HS08;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2 right now

You need to disable HS07 and enable the USB port that your BCM94360CS2 is using. It's probably either HS12 or HS14.

Back