Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I've been following this guide for two years now, without any problem.
I did a silly thing yesterday and I can't boot anymore my hack (just from an USB stick with an install for Mojave).
I was using two NVMe one with Mojave 10.14.6 and the other with Catalina 10.15.4, both of them perfectly functional with Clover.
I tried your Open Core on my NVMe with Catalina (just changing my serial… via Xcode), I made something wrong and now I can't boot anymore, even on my NVMe with Mojave.
I erased the OC folder from EFI partition of my Catalina NVMe and replaced it with a clone of the EFI folder of my bootable USB stick via terminal (dd if=/dev/diskxxx of=/dev/diskyyy).
The EFI partition looks OK with Terminal but I don't know what I could do know ?

There's no need to use "dd" to clone the EFI partition. You can just drag 'n drop the EFI folder and "replace".

Please try clearing NVRAM by pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu and see if you can boot from internal drive again.

Thanks a lot but I was just able to boot from Install MacOS Mojave without GUI just Terminal.
I tried F11 but it didn't work.
Now I've just been able to boot from an old SSD with an old EFI an Mojave 10.14.2 (I had to choose it via the boot menu of my BIOS and then via Clover for it to work).
Now I'm afraid of trying again to boot from my NVMe's because I spent so much time in infinite loops Clover/BIOS/Clover…
Thanks again a lot for your help. I think I have something to clean with my NVMe's and my Clover but don't exactly what…
If you have an idea…

Thanks a lot but I was just able to boot from Install MacOS Mojave without GUI just Terminal.
I tried F11 but it didn't work.
Now I've just been able to boot from an old SSD with an old EFI an Mojave 10.14.2 (I had to choose it via the boot menu of my BIOS and then via Clover for it to work).
Now I'm afraid of trying again to boot from my NVMe's because I spent so much time in infinite loops Clover/BIOS/Clover…
Thanks again a lot for your help. I think I have something to clean with my NVMe's and my Clover but don't exactly what…
If you have an idea…

In some rare instances, clearing NVRAM may be necessary.

The only way to boot know is to choose my SSD as primary boot device in BIOS and then in Clover boot menu.
So I can't access all of my recent projects and apps (mainly music and a bit of Final Cut) with all their plugins, various soundbanks and Co.
If I try one of my NVMe's in Clover or in BIOS I can't boot anymore (loop Clover-BIOS-Clover etc).
I'm going to double check my EFI partition for these two disks, but I didn't change anything in my Mojave's EFI (10.14.6),
so I think I should correct something with Clover but don't know what…
Thanks again for your help

The only way to boot know is to choose my SSD as primary boot device in BIOS and then in Clover boot menu.
So I can't access all of my recent projects and apps (mainly music and a bit of Final Cut) with all their plugins, various soundbanks and Co.
If I try one of my NVMe's in Clover or in BIOS I can't boot anymore (loop Clover-BIOS-Clover etc).
I'm going to double check my EFI partition for these two disks, but I didn't change anything in my Mojave's EFI (10.14.6),
so I think I should correct something with Clover but don't know what…
Thanks again for your help

Boot in verbose mode and video the boot process. Pan the video to where it crashes before rebooting to see what the problem is.

Here is the breakpoint when I try to boot on my Mojave NVMe.
The video is a bit heavy

Edit: I've been able to boot my Catalina NVMe, just need to repair my workhorse aka Mojave ;(

Attachments

• Mojave NVMe stop.JPG
    Mojave NVMe stop.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hey @pastrychef - did you upgrade to MacOS 10.15.4? Have any issues or all ok?

Hey @pastrychef - did you upgrade to MacOS 10.15.4? Have any issues or all ok?

Yes, I updated to 10.15.4.

I had an issue where HDMI audio was causing kernel panics on wake from sleep with my Radeon VII even though I don't use HDMI audio. My fix was to remove WhateverGreen.

Yes, I updated to 10.15.4.

I had an issue where HDMI audio was causing kernel panics on wake from sleep with my Radeon VII even though I don't use HDMI audio. My fix was to remove WhateverGreen.

Which version of Clover are you on?

Back