Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes I tried VGATab and also the Excel Sheet. Maybe I need to figure out better optimised values. The card works under most conditions perfectly. Only gaming COH2 then it crashes after 15-30 min due heat. So the Asus doesn't have a standard reference BIOS either?

Yes I tried VGATab and also the Excel Sheet. Maybe I need to figure out better optimised values. The card works under most conditions perfectly. Only gaming COH2 then it crashes after 15-30 min due heat. So the Asus doesn't have a standard reference BIOS either?

I don't know about the Asus...

The following setting is what you should be most concerned with when configuring VGTab:
Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 12.04.32 PM.png

Please try checking the following to see if it will fix your clock issue:

Hmm... I don't know about the USB hard drives... Did you apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes?

Try assigning the same static IP in macOS and Windows.

Yeah, Nvidia dropped support for macOS at High Sierra.

You may need to update WhateverGreen. But that would also mean Lilu and AppleALC would also need updating. Make backups before trying this if you are still on High Sierra.

Hi thanks for the reply, looking into the system time post now. will post back re whatever green.

- What ghosting software do people recommend? i seem to remember acronis / norton ghost was good for windows, not sure about mac.

- any way to get 144hz refresh rate support on nvidia drivers for 10.13?

Hi thanks for the reply, looking into the system time post now. will post back re whatever green.

- What ghosting software do people recommend? i seem to remember acronis / norton ghost was good for windows, not sure about mac.

- any way to get 144hz refresh rate support on nvidia drivers for 10.13?

I think Acronis True Image works for macOS, but I've never tried. I use Carbon Copy Cloner.

I don't know about 144Hz displays... Mine just does 60Hz.

I am having USB problems. I have done the 5 steps in the first post, but none of my USB2 ports are working.
Also bluetooth is very buggy since updating to Catalina. My Magic Mouse often jitters, and my Headphones (Sony WH1000XM3) often gets some weird noises when listening to music, that aren't there when they're connected to my Macbook Pro. I've attached the EFI - can anyone spot any potential problems?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.7 MB · Views: 185
I am having USB problems. I have done the 5 steps in the first post, but none of my USB2 ports are working.
Also bluetooth is very buggy since updating to Catalina. My Magic Mouse often jitters, and my Headphones (Sony WH1000XM3) often gets some weird noises when listening to music, that aren't there when they're connected to my Macbook Pro. I've attached the EFI - can anyone spot any potential problems?

Please try with this config.plist. It will enable your two USB 2 ports. Remember, this USB configuration ONLY works for the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming motherboard. It will be different for Asus Z370-F motherboards.

If you want to configure USB for your Asus ZZ370-F motherboards, please see the following link:

I don't know why your Bluetooth is laggy or has noise. How is the reception of your Bluetooth?

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 74
Hi @pastrychef, a question about SMBIOS for a H370M D3H GSM board. Currently set at 19,2 21” iMac, is that the best system definition?

Hi @pastrychef, a question about SMBIOS for a H370M D3H GSM board. Currently set at 19,2 21” iMac, is that the best system definition?

That's a bit of a subjective question and people's opinions will differ...

If I had your hardware, I would probably use iMacPro1,1 system definition. The only thing that won't work with iMacPro1,1 is Sidecar. If you need Sidecar, use iMac19,1, but DRM will be broken with this system definition.

Thanks pastrychef!, I will try those defs over the next couple of days and see which one works best for me. I’m not concerned about sidecar, I was just happy that FaceTime worked, never seen that in my earlier builds.

Thanks pastrychef!, I will try those defs over the next couple of days and see which one works best for me. I’m not concerned about sidecar, I was just happy that FaceTime worked, never seen that in my earlier builds.

If you are not concerned with Sidecar, I feel that iMacPro1,1 is the best choice.

Back