Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

According to this page:
This is the latest way of implementing DW1560/1830:

Such implementation preferred method is this:
Clover Airport Fix + AddProperties(fake device-id) + AirportBrcmFixup (preferable)

According to this page:
This is the latest way of implementing DW1560/1830:

Such implementation preferred method is this:
Clover Airport Fix + AddProperties(fake device-id) + AirportBrcmFixup (preferable)

I never added Airport Fix or fake device-id.

All I do is drop AirportBrcmFixup.kext in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works.

Hey. BTW Bluetooth. I bought a HAMA USB Bluetooth dongle which it randomly disconnects from my speakers. Tried speakers with my MacBook Pro, Google Nest, phones. They work perfect, they never disconnect. I have installed the Bluetooth explorer from Apple.inc, and I caught the error:

Code:
HCI Controller terminated; module unplugged or firmware reset/crashed.
LG OM5560(14) disconnected
Error getting HCI transport info: E00002D7
Feb 14 21:56:28 Botonds-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bluetoothaudiod): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.

Bluetooth Module powered on.
New Bluetooth Module published.

Link quality is between 97-100%, and I'm within distance between BT and speakers.
I have ordered another BT device, what do you think. Does the Bluetooth which fails or shall I apply patches/kesxts?

Last edited:
Hey. BTW Bluetooth. I bought a HAMA USB Bluetooth dongle which it randomly disconnects from my speakers. Tried speakers with my MacBook Pro, Google Nest, phones. They work perfect, they never disconnect. I have installed the Bluetooth explorer from Apple.inc, and I caught the error:

Code:
Feb 14 21:56:28 Botonds-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bluetoothaudiod): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.

New Bluetooth Module published.

Link quality is between 97-100%, and I'm within distance between BT and speakers.
I have ordered another BT device, what do you think. Does the Bluetooth which fails or shall I apply patches/kesxts?

I have no idea. I've only used Bluetooth from BCM94360CS2 and DW1830 on this build. Even then, I only connected mice and trackpad to it...

I never added Airport Fix or fake device-id.

All I do is drop AirportBrcmFixup.kext in to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and it works.
That's part of the whole point. Once updated to the latest Mojave I had no WiFi card showing up.
By following these instructions:

using this combo:

The unit started working again. Both 1830 and 1560.

That's part of the whole point. Once updated to the latest Mojave I had no WiFi card showing up.
By following these instructions:

using this combo:

The unit started working again. Both 1830 and 1560.

It's weird that it works for me without Clover Airport Fix and AddProperties in Catalina but latest Mojave needs it...

It's weird that it works for me without Clover Airport Fix and AddProperties in Catalina but latest Mojave needs it...
What's more strange is that in Mojave, suddenly after an update to BrcmBluetoothInjector, the module became unavailable. So I thought I'd go back to the previous version of BrcmBluetoothInjector. At that point the system was unavailable no matter what so I had to look into it again. If the same happens to you, that's how I got it running again. Cheers.

What's more strange is that in Mojave, suddenly after an update to BrcmBluetoothInjector, the module became unavailable. So I thought I'd go back to the previous version of BrcmBluetoothInjector. At that point the system was unavailable no matter what so I had to look into it again. If the same happens to you, that's how I got it running again. Cheers.

No, this never happened to me.

I use Apple BCM94360CS2 cards in my Z370-G and my Z390 M. Neither have had any issues with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. I've updated to the latest versions of macOS on both.

I use a DW1560 in my laptop and haven't changed/updated Bluetooth drivers/injectors/PatchRAM in months and haven't had any issues. I've also kept macOS on the latest versions available.

Hey pastrychef, first off all, nice guide! Really easy to follow and got my hack up and running in under 2 hours...
Sadly, I have not enough knowledge to get my iGPU to work in headless mode...

- Intel 8700K
- Asus Z370-I
- GTX980Ti
- Skill 32GB DDR4 Ram

I use the iMac 18.3 system definition

I did this:
- SSDT from this guy: SSDT for ASUS z370-i
- updated to newest version of WEG and Lilu
- deleted all the acpi patches
- use the 0x59120003 device ID
- checked inject intel
- use -disablegfxfirmware bootflag

Honestly, the guides I found weren't that helpful to me and I don't really understand what I'm doing with the patches and stuff. Would be very nice If you can point me in the right direction

Where did you get those values to enter? Nowhere in my instructions do I tell you to make up values to enter there. Please see the following guide:

What audio-id are you using? Is audio in working?

Hi Pastrychef,

I've tried injecting these IDs (obviously each number 1 by 1) under Devices in config.plist
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15, 16, 21, 27, 28, 29, 34. I got these from acidanthera's GitHub page under ALC1220. In the Mojave setup this was ID 2.

When I plug the Hyperx headset into the front of the case (the headset goes into a splitter cable, one for ears, one for mic) Catalina detects them as headphones. Digital Out, Headphones and both Lineouts work.
Under Sound Preferences>Input, there is "Internal Microphone Built-in" but when I bark into the mic there is no response in the Input level bars.

When I plug the same headset into my 2012 MB Pro (without the splitter cable) Under Sound Preferences>Input,
Internal Microphone Built-in changes to "External Microphone Microphone port" and when I bark into the microphone there is a response.

Thanks in advance

Back