Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I have a new question. Yesterday I decided to add 16GB (2x8GB) extra to my system for virtualisation tests. It worked once but this morning my system doesn't boot after all the ++++++++++++++++++++++++++ signs during the booting process. I have now 4 x 8GB occupying all the slots. I know this was one of the issues in the past something with the clover but I use currently 5098 if I'm correct. Do you know how to fix this because when I take them out everything works? (I used XMP but I disabled it temporary). It is 2 x 8GB crucial sport DDR4 2400 & 2 x DDR4 3000. In windows no issues at all.

This is a sign that something is wrong with the Aptio fix being used and/or NVRAM. Try resetting NVRAM by pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu to see if it helps.

This is a sign that something is wrong with the Aptio fix being used and/or NVRAM. Try resetting NVRAM by pressing F11 at the Clover boot menu to see if it helps.
Fantastic this support ;-) I had already latest bios not latest clover but I hardly doubt that this fixed the problem. I found somewhere else an article explaining the importance of the correct config regarding your memory slots. I had only slot 0 + 2 specified so I added slot 1 + 3 with the new information of the added dimms. Now it boots correct.
Screenshot 2020-02-13 at 11.09.18.png

Hi,

how did you manage to run usb inject all 0.7.3 with OpenCore. My system wont boot with it?

All I did was add it to the config.plist > Kernel > Add. I didn't have to do anything else.

I've never tried getting the built-in/included Bluetooth on these motherboards working. I don't know what's needed.

I've only tried using Apple made Wi-Fi Bluetooth cards, Dell DW1560, and Dell DW1830 working.

For the Apple made cards, once you have USB working, nothing else needs to be done.
For the Dell DW1560 and DW1830, BrcmPatchRAM kexts are needed to dynamically update the firmware so that they are compatible with macOS.

Looking at your screenshot, my guess is that the Bluetooth isn't fully compatible with macOS. I don't know if the BrcmPatchRAM kexts will get them working because, again, I've never tried...
I'm having suddenly issues making work both a DW1560 and DW1830
The WiFi is missing. Bluetooth works.
I've used the current patchram and also the old ones.
I'm in the latest Mojave build.
I tried the old Rehabman config with FakePCIID and the old Brcm in the L/E folder but nothing.

I'm having suddenly issues making work both a DW1560 and DW1830
The WiFi is missing. Bluetooth works.
I've used the current patchram and also the old ones.
I'm in the latest Mojave build.
I tried the old Rehabman config with FakePCIID and the old Brcm in the L/E folder but nothing.

If Bluetooth is working, don't mess with the PatchRAM stuff.

The DW1830 doesn't need additional kexts for Wi-Fi to work. At least it didn't when I tested it... I don't know if anything has changed.

For the DW1560 to work, you should install AirportBrcmFixup.

Its already added. I am booting fine with the old one but with the new update it throws an error. There is an issue on github which is unanswered. Just curious was there some kind of a workaround. Thanks.

I'm not aware of any workaround...

If Bluetooth is working, don't mess with the PatchRAM stuff.

The DW1830 doesn't need additional kexts for Wi-Fi to work. At least it didn't when I tested it... I don't know if anything has changed.

For the DW1560 to work, you should install AirportBrcmFixup.
That's what's strange. Suddenly it disappeared from the system and in IOREG. The whole Airport tree is gone.

This is the story:
WiFi is running
I update to the latest Security update in Mojave and at some point I realise WiFi is gone.
No matter what kext I use, if just BrcmBluetoothinjector, PatchRam, FakePCIID...it simply is not seen anymore. Bluetooth works.
So I remove the module. Fit a native module. I make it work.
When the native module works I remove it and put back in the DW1830. At this point the DW1830 works again.
You tell me...

That's what's strange. Suddenly it disappeared from the system and in IOREG. The whole Airport tree is gone.

This is the story:
WiFi is running
I update to the latest Security update in Mojave and at some point I realise WiFi is gone.
No matter what kext I use, if just BrcmBluetoothinjector, PatchRam, FakePCIID...it simply is not seen anymore. Bluetooth works.
So I remove the module. Fit a native module. I make it work.
When the native module works I remove it and put back in the DW1830. At this point the DW1830 works again.
You tell me...

hqdefault.jpg

Back