Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Hi PastryChef,

I've swapped out the Intel onboard WiFi for a BCM94352Z. I've managed to solve my WiFi problem by only having BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext, BrcmPatchRAM.kext in Other, so now as soon as I login I'm connected . I also removed SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext (when I removed this my boot times increased significantly. I'm still having problems with Bluetooth. Nothing is found under System Report>Bluetooth. But, under USB, I have BCM20702A0. I've tried the port limit thing, but I think I'm missing something. With Mojave, Bluetooth and Wifi worked out the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Get rid of the following. Why did you add that stuff??
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 7.16.37 PM.png

If removing SATA-200-series-unsupported.kext increases boot time, put it back.

You are using the wrong Bluetooth kexts. You can't just throw any kexts in there and hope it works...

In /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ delete:
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmNonPatchRAM.kext
BrcmPatchRAM.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Use the attached kexts for Bluetooth.

You also added IntelMausi.kext. Why?

Instructions to fix USB:

Attachments

• untitled folder.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I have recently issues with my sapphire nitro+ vega64 card. See picture. Any ideas? Have swapped memory didn’t solve it.
C11F3C52-9C16-48F1-8D8D-CBDF118F7C88.jpeg

Have you tried another video card or IGPU only?
Does it happen in Windows or Linux too?
To be honest it's only in Windows. It doesn't happen in MacOs however 30 mins Company of Heroes 2 will crash too on the mac but not a system crash. Can be a different thing.

To be honest it's only in Windows. It doesn't happen in MacOs however 30 mins Company of Heroes 2 will crash too on the mac but not a system crash. Can be a different thing.

I would try to contact Sapphire and RMA it.

I would try to contact Sapphire and RMA it.
What else could it be besides memory? It doesnt runs hot or anything? Are there memory fillup / testing tools? I did tried furmark advanced burn-in and it has ran without a glitch. I mean i want to be 100% sure it is the videocard. I will swap it with a Radeon RX570 which runs in my daughters PC and see what happens.

Last edited:
2 year update - dualboot 10.13.2 / win10
Hi all, I have been having a blast since following this build in jan 2018, very few issues after the initial setup, even with getting an ultrawide monitor that requires display port to work with 10.13! [csrutil disable in recovery mode]. I use macOS for music production and windows for games. feeling very spoiled.

Here are the problems I am still dealing with. I'm just wondering if anyone recognizes any of these:

-System time on windows is always ahead by 4 hours after rebooting from macOS;

-USB hard drives sometimes need to be replugged in order to be recognized after booting, but doesn't happen with flash storage or other usb devices;

-Sometimes no internet connection after rebooting into the other OS [likely router related];

-High refresh rate monitors not supported (?) by Nvidia web drivers [nobody games on Mac but I would still be interested if there was a fix], as well as no support for Mojave / dark mode (right?); and

-I have a projector plugged into the computer for movies / emulators on Windows, but on macOS. If there is a HDMI plugged in, the image goes through that port and I get no signal on my monitor. So I have to unplug it every time I boot into macOS. Is there a way to disable this port, or maybe just that "feature" in macOS? In Windows you can just disable that display until you are ready to use it.

Last edited:
What else could it be besides memory? It doesnt runs hot or anything? Are there memory fillup / testing tools? I did tried furmark advanced burn-in and it has ran without a glitch. I mean i want to be 100% sure it is the videocard. I will swap it with a Radeon RX570 which runs in my daughters PC and see what happens.

Hmm... Maybe it's just a bug with the game you are playing and the version of drivers you are using... Try searching around the internet.

2 year update - dualboot 10.13.2 / win10
Hi all, I have been having a blast since following this build in jan 2018, very few issues after the initial setup, even with getting an ultrawide monitor that requires display port to work with 10.13! [csrutil disable in recovery mode]. I use macOS for music production and windows for games. feeling very spoiled.

Here are the problems I am still dealing with. I'm just wondering if anyone recognizes any of these:

-System time on windows is always ahead by 4 hours after rebooting from macOS;

-USB hard drives sometimes need to be replugged in order to be recognized after booting, but doesn't happen with flash storage or other usb devices;

-Sometimes no internet connection after rebooting into the other OS [likely router related];

-High refresh rate monitors not supported (?) by Nvidia web drivers [nobody games on Mac but I would still be interested if there was a fix], as well as no support for Mojave / dark mode (right?); and

-I have a projector plugged into the computer for movies / emulators on Windows, but on macOS. If there is a HDMI plugged in, the image goes through that port and I get no signal on my monitor. So I have to unplug it every time I boot into macOS. Is there a way to disable this port, or maybe just that "feature" in macOS? In Windows you can just disable that display until you are ready to use it.

Please try checking the following to see if it will fix your clock issue:

Hmm... I don't know about the USB hard drives... Did you apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes?

Try assigning the same static IP in macOS and Windows.

Yeah, Nvidia dropped support for macOS at High Sierra.

You may need to update WhateverGreen. But that would also mean Lilu and AppleALC would also need updating. Make backups before trying this if you are still on High Sierra.

Hey @pastrychef

I thought my build is perfect, so I deceide to do a upgrade from 10.15.2 to 10.15.3

Then I screwed.
System stack at loading bar(at 75%) for a while then turn into black screen...
I can still enter recover mode(with screen on)
Tried nvram clean, not working
Tried to PCIE only(disable iGPU), not working(then i put it back)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 6.55.49 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 58
Back