Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

OK then. that XHCI patch is now disabled.

I went back to page one in this thread and downloaded your EFI Unified 5.1.7 and took a look at the config.plist.

I see that you have ENABLED all these patches:

GFX0-IGPO
PEGP-GFX0
PPMC-PMCR
EC0-EC

In mine, they are ALL DISABLED. Is that something to do with internal grafix vs my Vega card?

Do I keep them off?

In fixes, I have ENABLED
FixIPIC
FixShutdown
AddMCHC
Drop OEM_DSM

Your config does not. A board difference?

in droptables, I have enabled:

DMAR
MATS
and FixHeaders is checked (next to AutoMerge)

Your config does not.

As you pointed out, your board isn't perfect match for mine, but it's close.

I just updated the BIOS on mine today (to 1401) so I'm not really trying to bug you... just to put the last bit of spit and polish on it.

Thanks!

Please see post #4561 for full description of what my EFI from post #1 is doing.

What wasn't working with the last EFI that I gave you?

You seem to have enabled a lot of stuff to the EFI... A lot of the stuff you enabled is no longer needed or was never needed.

I think it's better to ask the person who suggested enabling all those fixes why they are needed.

View attachment 448809

EDIT - I responded inline to your questions. Sorry, I've been out of the game a while.

I've never tried getting the built-in/included Bluetooth on these motherboards working. I don't know what's needed.

I've only tried using Apple made Wi-Fi Bluetooth cards, Dell DW1560, and Dell DW1830 working.

For the Apple made cards, once you have USB working, nothing else needs to be done.
For the Dell DW1560 and DW1830, BrcmPatchRAM kexts are needed to dynamically update the firmware so that they are compatible with macOS.

Looking at your screenshot, my guess is that the Bluetooth isn't fully compatible with macOS. I don't know if the BrcmPatchRAM kexts will get them working because, again, I've never tried...

Please see post #4561 for full description of what my EFI from post #1 is doing.

What wasn't working with the last EFI that I gave you?

You seem to have enabled a lot of stuff to the EFI... A lot of the stuff you enabled is no longer needed or was never needed.

I think it's better to ask the person who suggested enabling all those fixes why they are needed.
Yeah... well, I thought that config -was- from you.. obviously it was not, so I'm not sure where it came from. I do appreciate your pointing me to 4561, however. Perhaps between that, your own config, and mine, I can sort this without any further help from you.

My config is working as it sits now, but I too thought there was too much unnecessary stuff, so thought I'd check with you. I can, in fact, leave it as it is, since everything seems OK. I just like a tidy install.

Thanks again.

Yeah... well, I thought that config -was- from you.. obviously it was not, so I'm not sure where it came from. I do appreciate your pointing me to 4561, however. Perhaps between that, your own config, and mine, I can sort this without any further help from you.

My config is working as it sits now, but I too thought there was too much unnecessary stuff, so thought I'd check with you. I can, in fact, leave it as it is, since everything seems OK. I just like a tidy install.

Thanks again.

Check post #4561. Lots of good info there.

Here's a FWIW followup:

I'm using just three patches (FCPX is producing H264 videos just fine)
1) rename HDAS to HDEF
2) change SAT0 to SATA
3) ACPI update patch (to allow booting with new bios)

no droptables
only fixShutdown

----------- removed (disabled) all these patches
change HECI to IMEI
_DSM to XDSM
change XHCI to XHC_
change GFX0 to IGPU
change PEGP to GFX0
change PPMC to PMCR
change EC0 to EC (using the acpi patch )SSDT-EC-USBX.aml

Hey @pastrychef ! I am here again, sadly, but full with hope. I bought a second monitor, but I can't get it work.
On my video card I have 4 connections. 2 dvi, 1 hdmi, 1 display port.
Here is what I tried:

1. Connected both monitors to the dedicated vid card. ( display port + hdmi ) after booting both monitor goes to blank black, managed to connect to osx via teamviewer. If I change the second monitors resolution I might get both working, but its totally random. After restart blank screens again. Tried also to connect the second monitor after booting in osx. Same result, both screens goes to black. Tried imacpro , and macpro6,1 as system definitions, none of them worked better.

2. Connected 1 card to onboard video card(hdmi), and 1 card to dedicated vid card ( display port). In bios I modified the primary card to iGPU. First boot was frozen. Changed EFI s to your posted EFI( UHD 630) , frozen. Changed only config plist to your config plist ( UHD 630 ). Managed to boot in, and get screen only on my dedicated video card. The other screen remained frozen with apple logo , booting status. On the booted in screen, I could check the UHD 630 is recognized as a 7 mb card.

It does not matter for me how can I resolve the problem. Both monitors can be connected to my msi card, or only one of them, I just want to have 2 monitors working without loosing my msi video cards advantages.

Some of the forums claim its because I use 2 different type of ports when connecting the monitors. Sadly the only port, where I can connect them to be the same is DVI, and none of the monitors has dvi connection. Maybe shall I buy hdmi to dvi, and displayport to dvi converters?

I rolled back my EFI s to the original state, and attaching them.

Attachments

• EFI 2 feb.zip
    35.1 MB · Views: 157
Hey @pastrychef ! I am here again, sadly, but full with hope. I bought a second monitor, but I can't get it work.
On my video card I have 4 connections. 2 dvi, 1 hdmi, 1 display port.
Here is what I tried:

1. Connected both monitors to the dedicated vid card. ( display port + hdmi ) after booting both monitor goes to blank black, managed to connect to osx via teamviewer. If I change the second monitors resolution I might get both working, but its totally random. After restart blank screens again. Tried also to connect the second monitor after booting in osx. Same result, both screens goes to black. Tried imacpro , and macpro6,1 as system definitions, none of them worked better.

2. Connected 1 card to onboard video card(hdmi), and 1 card to dedicated vid card ( display port). In bios I modified the primary card to iGPU. First boot was frozen. Changed EFI s to your posted EFI( UHD 630) , frozen. Changed only config plist to your config plist ( UHD 630 ). Managed to boot in, and get screen only on my dedicated video card. The other screen remained frozen with apple logo , booting status. On the booted in screen, I could check the UHD 630 is recognized as a 7 mb card.

It does not matter for me how can I resolve the problem. Both monitors can be connected to my msi card, or only one of them, I just want to have 2 monitors working without loosing my msi video cards advantages.

Some of the forums claim its because I use 2 different type of ports when connecting the monitors. Sadly the only port, where I can connect them to be the same is DVI, and none of the monitors has dvi connection. Maybe shall I buy hdmi to dvi, and displayport to dvi converters?

I rolled back my EFI s to the original state, and attaching them.

If you have a discrete graphics card, no monitors should be connected to the motherboard. Period.

If lowering the resolution on your second monitor can sometime produce a picture, odds are that you need better cables. HDMI has always been a bit problematic for me. I can only get HDMI reliable when I lower resolution and refresh rate to 30Hz.

If you have a discrete graphics card, no monitors should be connected to the motherboard. Period.

If lowering the resolution on your second monitor can sometime produce a picture, odds are that you need better cables. HDMI has always been a bit problematic for me. I can only get HDMI reliable when I lower resolution and refresh rate to 30Hz.
Would help if I change my card to sapphire 580 ? Pulse or nitro? Sadly they are the same as my card, so its not an upgrade. Atm I cant afford to buy a vega.

Would help if I change my card to sapphire 580 ? Pulse or nitro? Sadly they are the same as my card, so its not an upgrade. Atm I cant afford to buy a vega.

I don't think it would help if you will still be using HDMI. HDMI has given me problems whether I was on Vega 56, RX 560, or Radeon VII. I think it's just the way that macOS handles HDMI.

If changing video cards will allow you to use two DisplayPorts, then, yes, it can make a difference.

In the meantime, I suggest you try DVI instead of HDMI.

I know it sounds silly, but is there a factory reset option in your monitors menus? Not in OS X but the monitor menus themselves.

I couldn’t get both my monitors working at the same time on my Vega 56 but I knew they should work, and swapping ports for the monitors had strange effects.

By chance I decided to use the factory reset menu option on the monitors and then after plugging them back in everything works as it should and I have both monitors working great.

Back