Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Not on the reboot installer images, it doesn't seem to get far enough to start any output.

Doesn't make sense... Z370 should not have any problems with Aptio fixes...

Please post your EFI as you have it now.

Yeah it's odd, really odd. Here's my current EFI.

I don't see anything that can cause problems... You need to populate config.plist > SMBIOS > UUID, but that shouldn't prevent booting...

Maybe try the OpenCore EFI?

Background render is switched off as all the transcoding options during import.
A split second after you open Final Cut Pro and click import you can see the memory consumption of the app in Activity Monitor spike to 20GB. It takes a couple of seconds.

In both systems iGPU is turned ON.
The system that has the memory issue also has Windows 10 Pro on a second SSD. In Windows Edius wants the iGPU turned ON.

Background render is switched OFF.
SMBIOS 18,3 and 19,1 both show the same memory issue.

I'm left with testing iMac Pro with iGPU turned OFF.

Hi @zzmadd - sorry I am late to this party, but I just built an FCPX machine very similar to yours, and I am having the same issues with an unstoppable memory spike after importing in FCPX.

Did you ever solve this problem?

I don't see anything that can cause problems... You need to populate config.plist > SMBIOS > UUID, but that shouldn't prevent booting...

OK I simply copied your 0.5.5v opencore EFI over with no changes and tried again. It's now on the apple progress bar screen so its doing something more than with clover. Will see how it goes.

So OpenCore appears to have done the trick and I have Catalina installed now so thank you!

However now I need to customise the SMBIOS so I can get it all working on iCloud etc. What do I need to edit in the plist file on opencore and what editor works well to be able to change it?

So OpenCore appears to have done the trick and I have Catalina installed now so thank you!

However now I need to customise the SMBIOS so I can get it all working on iCloud etc. What do I need to edit in the plist file on opencore and what editor works well to be able to change it?

The OpenCore EFI includes a ReadMe. Just follow those instructions.

You can use Xcode to edit the config.plist.

OK all sorted. I now have Catalina running, and logged into iCloud etc and all that appears to be good.

I have one final thing I have notice. I just plugged my second monitor into another one of the DP outputs of my MSI Vega 52 ( the one you also have I believe ) and it looks like the OS detects both monitors, they both have a window in system preferences. But there is no output on the second display. Any ideas on the one?

OK all sorted. I now have Catalina running, and logged into iCloud etc and all that appears to be good.

I have one final thing I have notice. I just plugged my second monitor into another one of the DP outputs of my MSI Vega 52 ( the one you also have I believe ) and it looks like the OS detects both monitors, they both have a window in system preferences. But there is no output on the second display. Any ideas on the one?

Check the cable. There has been times when the cable wasn't plugged in tightly enough and I didn't get an image.

If using HDMI, try lowering the resolution to and/or 30Hz.

As per forum rules, please update your profile to include your CPU, motherboard, and GPU.

Hmm... I'll try and see if I can get my system to boot via magic packet a little later and report back.

If you are seeing the F1 message, it makes me believe it's an NVRAM issue...
Okay. I just tried. My findings are the same as yours.

Bootloader - OpenCore

ErP - Disabled
Power On by PCI-e - Enabled
Fast Boot - Enabled

If I force shutdown before the bootloader loads, I am able to power on the system via magic packets.
If I do a clean shutdown in macOS, I can not power on the system via magic packets.

I noticed that if I force shutdown before the bootloader loads, the system draws 3.1-3.2W from the wall.
If I do a clean shutdown from macOS, the system draws 2.4W from the wall.

I have no idea how to get it to work consistently.
Thank you for the test @pastrychef ! I browsed tons of hackintosh forums. What I realized, after High Sierra installs WOL stopped. You can check also: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ince-10-13-1-high-sierra-update.238361/page-2 . Maybe this is the solution :
Download kext source from repo.

Change lines 174 and 175 of IntelMausiEthernet.cpp to TRUE:

wolCapable = true;
wolActive = true;

Recompile and test:)

Try this as well:

pmset -a networkoversleep 1
Tomorrow I hope i will have enough time to test it. If You do,and its working, please share the modified maussi kext. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back