Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I do, but I won't have access to my Z390 system until at least tomorrow. I'll post it for you when I'm on it.

Thank you but never mind. Just in a couple of hours to many things happened. I decided to change my motherboard. I sold it. Now I am looking for a new motherboard. Do you have any suggestions? I don't want DVI port and WiFi on the board. Most importing thing DP Port, HDMI and less USB.

What do you think those;

Last edited:
Thank you but never mind. Just in a couple of hours to many things happened. I decided to change my motherboard. I sold it. Now I am looking for a new motherboard. Do you have any suggestions? I don't want DVI port and WiFi on the board. Most importing thing DP Port, HDMI and less USB.

What do you think those;

Honestly, based on my experiences with Z390, I'm hesitant to recommend any z390.

Hi @pastrychef, I'm having problems performing a clean installation on my Hackintosh with your same MoBo but with an i5-9400F, I described the problems I'm facing in this post here, can you give it a look? Thanks

Hi @pastrychef, I'm having problems performing a clean installation on my Hackintosh with your same MoBo but with an i5-9400F, I described the problems I'm facing in this post here, can you give it a look? Thanks

Use the latest EFI in post #1.
Change system definition to iMacPro1,1 in config.plist > SMBIOS.
Try adding "agdpmod=pikera" (without quotes) to config.plist > Boot > Arguments.
Install macOS.

If the screen goes black during installation, try unplugging and re-plugging the monitor cable. If that doesn't work, just leave it alone and let the installation complete. You can see if there's activity by watching the drive activity light on your case. To prevent sleep, randomly press the shift key on your keyboard.

Use the latest EFI in post #1.
Change system definition to iMacPro1,1 in config.plist > SMBIOS.
Try adding "agdpmod=pikera" (without quotes) to config.plist > Boot > Arguments.
Install macOS.

If the screen goes black during installation, try unplugging and re-plugging the monitor cable. If that doesn't work, just leave it alone and let the installation complete. You can see if there's activity by watching the drive activity light on your case. To prevent sleep, randomly press the shift key on your keyboard.
Amazing, the first time didn't worked it just rebooted and looped into a kernel panic, 2nd time it worked like a charm. Thank you.

EDIT: Everything works just fine except for Sleep / Wake, when it enters into the sleep mode it actually sleeps (everything turned off) but just after a couple of seconds all the hardware turns on again followed by the sound of a maximum exhausted fan spin (GPU) for a second but the computer is not awake in fact I need to click a button to show the login screen. If don't press any button it just loops into this procedure of Sleeping > Wake > Maximum GPU Fan Spin > Sleep Wake > Maximum GPU FAN Spin and so...
I'm also noticing that the fans of my Gygabyte RX 580 are always spinning, I remember that in the past they used to spin just when using Photoshop or other softwares which uses directly the GPU acceleration.
Any suggestion? Thanks.

EDIT: Everything works just fine except for Sleep / Wake, when it enters into the sleep mode it actually sleeps (everything turned off) but just after a couple of seconds all the hardware turns on again followed by the sound of a maximum exhausted fan spin (GPU) for a second but the computer is not awake in fact I need to click a button to show the login screen. If don't press any button it just loops into this procedure of Sleeping > Wake > Maximum GPU Fan Spin > Sleep Wake > Maximum GPU FAN Spin and so...
I'm also noticing that the fans of my Gygabyte RX 580 are always spinning, I remember that in the past they used to spin just when using Photoshop or other softwares which uses directly the GPU acceleration.
Any suggestion? Thanks.

First, apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes. Then check sleep again.

First, apply one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes. Then check sleep again.
Of course I did, I'm using your EFI, sleep feature is still broken.

Of course I did, I'm using your EFI, sleep feature is still broken.

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

Back