Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for the information. I'll review my setup.
The only odd thing I can find is an old GenericUSBXHCI (from 2015..used inZ77build) in L/E. Do you think I should remove it and see what happens?. I've got backups of EFI.

The only odd thing I can find is an old GenericUSBXHCI (from 2015..used inZ77build) in L/E. Do you think I should remove it and see what happens?. I've got backups of EFI.

Definitely remove that. You don't need that for Z370.

Please post a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions/ folder and your EFI folder.

Here is a screenshot of L/E & EFI. Looks like I have the classic mistake of double kexts.
If you have any suggestions for removal of some I would appreciate the advice to clean it up.
I removed the GenericUSB kext but Asmedia did not show in Hacintool

L:E&EFI 2019-11-02.png

Here is a screenshot of L/E & EFI. Looks like I have the classic mistake of double kexts.
If you have any suggestions for removal of some I would appreciate the advice to clean it up.
I removed the GenericUSB kext but Asmedia did not show in Hacintool

View attachment 434107

I have no idea what ArcMSR.kext or hp_io_enabler_compound.kext are...

Definitely get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. As the name suggests, it just kills power management.

Your EFI folder seems to contain all the kexts you need except for the FakeSMC sensors. May as well just copy them to the EFI and get rid of all the hackintosh kexts from /Library/Extensions/.

I rebuilt the EFI for you. Please try this one.

Everything seems to be working perfectly now, thanks!! Just wondering, what was the issue with the other EFI?

Hi pastrychef, I just updated to your latest OC EFI. However systeminfo now reports having a Vega 56 installed while I have a Vega 64, any idea what could be wrong? Thanks

edit: fixed it by manually editing the config.plist, luxmark still stated Vega 64 so it was probably just cosmetic.

Last edited:
Hi pastrychef, I just updated to your latest OC EFI. However systeminfo now reports having a Vega 56 installed while I have a Vega 64, any idea what could be wrong? Thanks

View attachment 434194

Oops... I forgot about that... But you can edit that easily. It's just text and you can enter pretty much anything you like.

Method 1:
Open the config.plist with either Xcode or Plist Edit Pro and edit the following:
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.50.05 AM.png

Method 2:
Open the config.plist with CotEditor (it's free from the Mac App Store).
Us the Find function and search for "Radeon".
Edit the text to anything you like.
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 1.55.53 AM.png

I'll remove it from the config.plist in the next update. It's not important at all.

Hello! I have been following this guide mainly since I use the same mobo (z370-g) and been trying to get a running hackintosh. I have managed to get Mojave installed using the igpu
(uhd630). However I just got myself a rx5700 and from that moment I installed that gpu I can’t get passed a black screen with only the Apple logo. I’ve searched and searched, tried so many different approaches so I can’t even remember what I have and haven’t tried... No matter what I do it’s the same. Even when I go back to the igpu, remake usb, trying Catalina usb, I still get the same. I’ve attached a photo of the verbose message.

Im not sure if I’m posting at the right spot for help but would be glad to be pointed in the right direction. Needles to say I’m a noob to Hackintoshes.

Attachments

• B7B69D1A-670F-4AE7-BF8C-84203C842A15.jpeg
    B7B69D1A-670F-4AE7-BF8C-84203C842A15.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 46
Hello! I have been following this guide mainly since I use the same mobo (z370-g) and been trying to get a running hackintosh. I have managed to get Mojave installed using the igpu
(uhd630). However I just got myself a rx5700 and from that moment I installed that gpu I can’t get passed a black screen with only the Apple logo. I’ve searched and searched, tried so many different approaches so I can’t even remember what I have and haven’t tried... No matter what I do it’s the same. Even when I go back to the igpu, remake usb, trying Catalina usb, I still get the same. I’ve attached a photo of the verbose message.

Im not sure if I’m posting at the right spot for help but would be glad to be pointed in the right direction. Needles to say I’m a noob to Hackintoshes.

You must be on Catalina 10.15.1 for the 5700 XT to work.

You also need to add the following to config.plist:
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 4.52.54 AM.png

You must be on Catalina 10.15.1 for the 5700 XT to work.

You also need to add the following to config.plist:
View attachment 434220

Ty will try this (even if Im pretty sure I've already have). Starting from zero again with a new installer and will se how that goes. So to be clear, this happens during booting of installer from usb, atm I have no working installation.

Back