Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Didn't fix the video / audio issue unfortunately :|

In BIOS, is IGPU disabled?

In System Preferences > Sound > Output, did you select Internal Speaker?

What video are you trying to play in QuickTime?

Please download and try the following video:

In BIOS, is IGPU disabled?

In System Preferences > Sound > Output, did you select Internal Speaker?

Internal Speaker solved the mystery. Works flawlessly now - so it was my Audiointerface... Its an external Tascam interface with no recent drivers. I tried to uninstall driver and reinstall them but still as soon as I plug it in video and audio playback stops working. Do I just need to wait for a driver or can I fix this?

Many thanks already :)

Internal Speaker solved the mystery. Works flawlessly now - so it was my Audiointerface... Its an external Tascam interface with no recent drivers. I tried to uninstall driver and reinstall them but still as soon as I plug it in video and audio playback stops working. Do I just need to wait for a driver or can I fix this?

Many thanks already :)

I don't know... I've never messed with a Tascam device. It's probably best to ask them if they have Catalina compatible drivers/firmware available.

ok...thanks.
Pastry....I know this is way off topic, but I've recently upgraded an old NUC6i3 to 10.15 after much struggling. I'm happy with the system except for a USB issue. The computer only has 4 exterior physical ports. The front 2 are HS01,HS02,SS01, and SS02. (These all show up in IORegistryExplorer).

The rear of the case shows as HS03, HS04, and SS03. I just can't get SS04 to show up, and USB3 flash drives plugged into this port appear as HS04, instead of SS04. I'd love to know what I'm missing if you can spare the time to look at it.
Thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 60
  • NUC 6i3.ioreg
    13.4 MB · Views: 68
Pastry....I know this is way off topic, but I've recently upgraded an old NUC6i3 to 10.15 after much struggling. I'm happy with the system except for a USB issue. The computer only has 4 exterior physical ports. The front 2 are HS01,HS02,SS01, and SS02. (These all show up in IORegistryExplorer).

The rear of the case shows as HS03, HS04, and SS03. I just can't get SS04 to show up, and USB3 flash drives plugged into this port appear as HS04, instead of SS04. I'd love to know what I'm missing if you can spare the time to look at it.
Thanks.

Do you know for sure how the ports are laid out? For example, can you make a map like the following:
Strix Z370-G USB ports 1.54.39 PM.jpg

If you do, I can help you do your SSDT-USB.aml file.

Also, your IOREG file is corrupt. Please create one using the attached version of IORegistryExplorer.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer-SLRID_v10.6.3.zip
    254.5 KB · Views: 54

Thanks.

What kind of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card are you using with your NUC? Is the CPU i3-6100U? Is the IGPU HD 520?

Thanks.

I made a lot of changes to your EFI so make sure you make a backup of your existing/working EFI before you try this one.

If it works, you should be able to see all your USB ports and you can follow the instructions here to create your own SSDT-USB.aml.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28 MB · Views: 85
I made a lot of changes to your EFI so make sure you make a backup of your existing/working EFI before you try this one.

If it works, you should be able to see all your USB ports and you can follow the instructions here to create your own SSDT-USB.aml.
Well...it works perfectly! I created an SSDT-USB.aml with Hackintool. What a great program! After banging my head against a wall all day, you simply fixed the problem in your spare time. I really appreciate all the times you have helped me. I wonder if everyone realizes what a great asset you are to the community.

Back