Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I'm working on USB as well. Before I break something, maybe I should ask...

I'm assuming I still need to reduce ports to 15. The last time I did this for my Gigabyte board, I created a DSDT file but now I see Hackintool. I never used it before and am a little confused.

Pastry, I'm using your EFI. Do I delete the ports from Hackintool and that's it? Is there a limit patch installed that I need to remove? Or is the EFI good as is?

And for an internal USB 3 header, if it goes to two ports, it counts as two...not one, correct?

And USBInjectAll stays in place?

Using Hackintool is probably the easiest way to do it now.

1. Make sure all your USB ports are enabled.
  2. Launch Hackintool.
  3. Click on the USB tab.
  4. Plug and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  5. Plug and unplug a USB 3 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  6. All the ports that you activated should now be in green (teal?).
  7. Right-click on all the white lines and delete them.
  8. Count how many ports are remaining. If it is 15 or less, you are good. If it is over 15, you will have to choose some ports to delete until you are down to 15 or less.
  9. Click on the button to generate your USB files.
  10. Decide if you want to use the SSDT or the kext and install it to your EFI folder.
  11. Done.

USB 3 ports will count as two.

Edit:
Updated directions 07-29-19. Thanks to Stork.

Last edited:
Using Hackintool is probably the easiest way to do it now.

1. Make sure all your USB ports are enabled.
  2. Launch Hackintool.
  3. Click on the USB tab.
  4. Plug and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  5. Plug and unplug a USB 3 device to each and every USB port on your computer.
  6. Click on the button to generate your USB files.
  7. Decide if you want to use the SSDT or the kext and install it to your EFI folder.
  8. Done.

USB 3 ports will count as two.

It can't be that easy. Lol.

And nothing else I need to edit or remove in the your EFI regarding port limits?

Adding the USR's will disable the Red USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports in the back right? It's only a disadvantage for those who own 3.1Gen2 external SSD's? I dont have any, for now, so I'll do that, thanks very much!

FYI since OSX 10.14.5 and FCP 10.4.6 my Bruce X result with a single Vega64 is 6seconds which is 2x faster than the average Vega56 results.

There is very little reports/info on the % benefit of dual GPU's, from what I have seen it's not worth it.
If you're in a hurry getting a single Vega64 would be my advice, if not wait a bit more so we can have more reports on Radeon 7, the difference between a V64 and R7 shouldn't be more than 15-20% though, if that's worth double the price depends on your personal view.

No, the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports are on a completely separate controller and are not affected by USBInjectAll.

Wow. I've never seen anyone report 6 seconds for BruceX.

It can't be that easy. Lol.

And nothing else I need to edit or remove in the your EFI regarding port limits?

Yes, it's that easy.

If you decide to use the SSDT, just install it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
If you decide to use the kext, just install it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and delete USBInjectAll.kext.

Yes, it's that easy.

If you decide to use the SSDT, just install it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/.
If you decide to use the kext, just install it to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and delete USBInjectAll.kext.

Got it. Thanks. Any advantage of one file over the other?

Got it. Thanks. Any advantage of one file over the other?

I forgot one thing....

After you install either the SSDT or kext, you should disable all the USB fix KextsToPatches in your config.plist.

I forgot one thing....

After you install either the SSDT or kext, you should disable all the USB fix KextsToPatches in your config.plist.

Ok will do.

I forgot one thing....

KextsToPatches -- remove these listings?
Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 3.00.58 PM.png

Delete or keep USBInjectAll?

When Hackintool loads after the new SSDT, should I still be seeing all ports or just the ones I selected?

Last edited:
KextsToPatches -- remove these listings?
View attachment 417616

Delete or keep USBInjectAll?

When Hackintool loads after the new SSDT, should I still be seeing all ports or just the ones I selected?

Yes, after you install the SSDT or kext, disable those KextsToPatches.

If you are using the SSDT, you need to keep USBInjectAll.

If you are using the kext, delete USBInjectAll.

Back