Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I can't see anything in your EFI folder that would give you those ACPI errors. Have you tried using FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC?

OK, so far so good, the whole day without any problem! Will test further with FakeSMC. I lost some monitoring parameters in iStat (I use appstore version), but at least the system is stable so far. What could be the problem with VirtualSMC?

OK, so far so good, the whole day without any problem! Will test further with FakeSMC. I lost some monitoring parameters in iStat (I use appstore version), but at least the system is stable so far. What could be the problem with VirtualSMC?

I don't know. I only briefly tested VirtualSMC with my desktop. I did switch to VirtualSMC full time on my laptop and have not had any problems.

I use the version of iStat Menus purchased from their website and I had more readings with FakeSMC than with VirtualSMC. But that was with a very early version of VirtualSMC...

Just updated, all good. My Final Cut Bruce X export time when from 16 seconds to 6 seconds, finally I have the expected FCP performance. Thought I would mention it in case any video editors with a Vega are unaware.

I just tested my USB audio adaptor and it works before and after sleep.

I tested with the following. I've had it for about a decade.
0019811_usb-stereo-sound-card-adapter-wmic-port_550.jpeg

System Definitions Revisited

All along, I've always preferred using using iMac18,x or iMac19,1 system definitions with IGPU enabled on this hack because of the similarities with CPU and motherboard chipset. I did test the iMacPro1,1 system definition way back when the iMac Pro was first released and, while it worked fine, I ended up going back to iMac18,x.

With the release of macOS 10.14.5, Apple made some changes to how macOS handles GPUs and they improved h.264 and HEVC encoding/decoding handling on iMac Pros. I decided to give the iMacPro1,1 system definition another try. Here's what I found.

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.52 AM.png

As you can see, everything is working with iMacPro1,1. There are no compromises. It's only been about two days since I started retesting this system definition, but it has been running great. Until I encounter any issues, I'm going to be sticking with this.

*Note: GPU HEVC is enabled only on iMacPro1,1 as explained by shuhung here.

Last edited:
System Definitions Revisited

All along, I've always preferred using using iMac18,x or iMac19,1 system definitions with IGPU enabled on this hack because of the similarities with CPU and motherboard chipset. I did test the iMacPro1,1 system definition way back when the iMac Pro was first released and, while it worked fine, I ended up going back to iMac18,x.

With the release of macOS 10.14.5, Apple made some changes to how macOS handles GPUs and they improved h.264 and HEVC encoding/decoding handling on iMac Pros. I decided to give the iMacPro1,1 system definition another try. Here's what I found.

View attachment 411331

As you can see, everything is working with iMacPro1,1. There are no compromises. It's only been about two days since I started retesting this system definition, but it has been running great. Until I encounter any issues, I'm going to be sticking with this.
i been running the iMacPro 1,1 on both systems for about two months because, as you say, no compromises.

Are you still using the OC VGtab? or are you letting the OS natively manage it?

Hi I have a Sapphire Vega 56 graphics card but audio over hdmi/display port. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Thanks

Hi I have a Sapphire Vega 56 graphics card but audio over hdmi/display port. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Thanks

Are you saying HDMI/DisplayPort audio is not working? I didn't have to do anything special to get it to work with my system...

Please post your EFI folder.

Back