Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I just made some changes to IGPU settings in your config.plist.

iStat not showing your history should have nothing to do with your hackintosh configuration. It's probably due to corrupt history database. Try this fix.

To see if your Vega is working just run some benchmarks like LuxMark.

YAY! that works like a charm! Now Vega64 iStats history shows perfect! I tried LuxMark and it show a proper score! Thank you!!

ok so I narrowed down one of the main issues that I am having with saving file issues. This seems related to the PS issue I was explaining before. Things go well for hours and then random every once in a while this happens (happens every 1-2 days):

- In Photoshop, I tried to Save As an image and it acts as if the image was saved but when I look in the folder. It is not there. Today, I did "Show Hidden" and i could see the image there as a file start with a dot "." Then strangely, the image that was saved appeared after 2-3 minutes in the right folder (doesn't always appear once it start this file saving behavior) - image attached of hidden file

- In TextEdit, when i hit "save as" for a new document, it goes beachball and never saves.

- Finder Quick Preview, does not work for .png

- using mac's Screenshot feature, when i hit done, it does not show it on the desktop. Yet it shows in the"open as" or "attach" finder dialog (e.g. for the attached image below) - it's in the Desktop folder (the same one)

any idea on what could be causing this? I already tried switching harddrive and it still does it so it is not a drive hardware issue.

thanks a bunch in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 2.10.52 AM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 2.10.52 AM 1.png
    505.8 KB · Views: 75
YAY! that works like a charm! Now Vega64 iStats history shows perfect! I tried LuxMark and it show a proper score! Thank you!!

ok so I narrowed down one of the main issues that I am having with saving file issues. This seems related to the PS issue I was explaining before. Things go well for hours and then random every once in a while this happens (happens every 1-2 days):

- In Photoshop, I tried to Save As an image and it acts as if the image was saved but when I look in the folder. It is not there. Today, I did "Show Hidden" and i could see the image there as a file start with a dot "." Then strangely, the image that was saved appeared after 2-3 minutes in the right folder (doesn't always appear once it start this file saving behavior) - image attached of hidden file

- In TextEdit, when i hit "save as" for a new document, it goes beachball and never saves.

- Finder Quick Preview, does not work for .png

- using mac's Screenshot feature, when i hit done, it does not show it on the desktop. Yet it shows in the"open as" or "attach" finder dialog (e.g. for the attached image below) - it's in the Desktop folder (the same one)

any idea on what could be causing this? I already tried switching harddrive and it still does it so it is not a drive hardware issue.

thanks a bunch in advance!

Try running your system without any overclock for a few days to see if the problem persists.

Hi, I have made my install based on this thread also did the configuration and almost everything is working perfectly except one thing, I am using two outputs of the Vega 64, my main monitor is connected over DisplayPort to the card, and one of the HDMI output is connected to my AV Receiver and it switches the signal to my LG TV.
But unfortunately, I have no signal at all if I switch the TV to Hack. My system shows that I have two displays connected, also the sound preferences show the HDMI audio option for the LG TV. I have tried to use different outputs of the graphics card but the same problem. If I disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect again to the same port of the GPU there is a video signal. In the case of my previous graphics card (1060) there was no such problem. Do you have any idea why this working like that?

Hi, I have made my install based on this thread also did the configuration and almost everything is working perfectly except one thing, I am using two outputs of the Vega 64, my main monitor is connected over DisplayPort to the card, and one of the HDMI output is connected to my AV Receiver and it switches the signal to my LG TV.
But unfortunately, I have no signal at all if I switch the TV to Hack. My system shows that I have two displays connected, also the sound preferences show the HDMI audio option for the LG TV. I have tried to use different outputs of the graphics card but the same problem. If I disconnect the HDMI cable and reconnect again to the same port of the GPU there is a video signal. In the case of my previous graphics card (1060) there was no such problem. Do you have any idea why this working like that?

Sorry. I really have no idea why it's doing that...

My only guess is that you may have to inject EDID for your TV/Receiver, but I've never done this and don't have any experience doing it.

Have you tried plugging the HDMI into other GPU port? Sometimes that makes a difference.

Is it a 4K LG TV? If yes, then is the HDMI cable a good 4K one that can do 60Hz? It might not solve the problem, but worth considering.

Try running your system without any overclock for a few days to see if the problem persists.

OK, thanks! Any other options I should turn off besides what's below? (Sorry, I Googled disabling OC for strix, and there are no real answers.) Here are my settings now:

XMP = Disabled
Ez System Tuning = Normal
i did the EZ Tuning Wizard and set the option daily computing and box fan (lowest options) which set my clock speed to 5.1Ghz lol, but i tweaked that below:

In AI Tweaker, set
Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
ASUS MultiCore ENhancement = Disabled
CPU Ratio = Sync all cores = 36 (i had set 46 before)

Have you tried plugging the HDMI into other GPU port?
Yes, I have tried, makes no difference.

Is it a 4K LG TV? If yes, then is the HDMI cable a good 4K one that can do 60Hz?
No, it just a full HD, the cable and connection should be okay, because with my previous build with Gigabyte 1060 GPU was okay than I have changed the GPU to Vega 64 and did a clean install and now I have this problem.
And also, as I mentioned, About This Mac -> Displays shows I have two displays connected, also the displays preferences show correctly the displays arrangement and sound preferences show "LG TV" as sound output. But the TV has a black screen, after disconnecting HDMI cable and reconnect it works and it works until the next restart than start again, the black screen, so needs to disconnect, reconnect.

EDIT:
I have just found that I have an HDMI -> DisplayPort adapter and connected the LG TV via this adapter to the other DisplayPort and after reboot, it worked perfectly. So it seems cannot mix the outputs, both displays must be connected to the same type interface.

Last edited:
OK, thanks! Any other options I should turn off besides what's below? (Sorry, I Googled disabling OC for strix, and there are no real answers.) Here are my settings now:

XMP = Disabled
Ez System Tuning = Normal
i did the EZ Tuning Wizard and set the option daily computing and box fan (lowest options) which set my clock speed to 5.1Ghz lol, but i tweaked that below:

In AI Tweaker, set
Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual
ASUS MultiCore ENhancement = Disabled
CPU Ratio = Sync all cores = 36 (i had set 46 before)

What is the CPU voltage set to?

Back