Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

aha. ok so I edited it as shown in your pic. Only difference was the fake ids were not greyed out, but listed 0x0 and I couldn't change those.

The installer got just a bit further this time - the last error is "Failed to load bootstrap path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents, error = 2: No such file or dir.

aha. ok so I edited it as shown in your pic. Only difference was the fake ids were not greyed out, but listed 0x0 and I couldn't change those.

The installer got just a bit further this time - the last error is "Failed to load bootstrap path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents, error = 2: No such file or dir.

Please post a picture of where it's getting stuck. Also, post your config.plist.

Also, what version of BIOS are you running?

Pastry, I remember you used the WiFi+Bluetooth module named DW1560.
Can you confirm such module DOESN'T allow Bluetooth to work in Bios and Clover bootloader, hence prior to the loading of the drivers and firmware?

Thanks.

Pastry, I remember you used the WiFi+Bluetooth module named DW1560.
Can you confirm such module DOESN'T allow Bluetooth to work in Bios and Clover bootloader, hence prior to the loading of the drivers and firmware?

Thanks.

I used a DW1830 prior to receiving my M.2 adaptor for the BCM94360CS2 on this build. My memory fails me and I can't be positive, but I believe Bluetooth did work for BIOS and Clover boot menu.

I think that the DW1560 should also work for BIOS and Clover boot menu.

In the BIOS, it showed the Bluetooth and gave the option to enable/disable it. Therefore, I have no reason to believe it won't work right at boot.

I used a DW1830 prior to receiving my M.2 adaptor for the BCM94360CS2 on this build. My memory fails me and I can't be positive, but I believe Bluetooth did work for BIOS and Clover boot menu.

I think that the DW1560 should also work for BIOS and Clover boot menu.

In the BIOS, it showed the Bluetooth and gave the option to enable/disable it. Therefore, I have no reason to believe it won't work right at boot.

Thanks for your reply.

I swapped this module and I was using a MacBook Air native before, that I can't recall the name.
I swapped it because Bluetooth, with the antennas I had with the Macbook air module, was not so reliable. Also it doesn't look as nice as it is taller than these standard modules.

Thing is when I press any key on the bluetooth keyboard I fail to be able to get into the bios or select the boot options in Clover...Then within MacOS all works fine and bluetooth is slightly better with the DW1560 than with the original Macbook Air module.

I've added all the necessary kexts of course otherwise I wouldn't have it running reliably in MacOS.
Also within the Bios the modules are enabled.

Thanks for your reply.

I swapped this module and I was using a MacBook Air native before, that I can't recall the name.
I swapped it because Bluetooth, with the antennas I had with the Macbook air module, was not so reliable. Also it doesn't look as nice as it is taller than these standard modules.

Thing is when I press any key on the bluetooth keyboard I fail to be able to get into the bios or select the boot options in Clover...Then within MacOS all works fine and bluetooth is slightly better with the DW1560 than with the original Macbook Air module.

I've added all the necessary kexts of course otherwise I wouldn't have it running reliably in MacOS.
Also within the Bios the modules are enabled.

Hmm... I really don't know what's wrong. It's been such a long time since I've tried anything other than the Apple card, I barely remember how it behaved... Does your Bluetooth mouse work for BIOS and Clover boot menu?

Please post a picture of where it's getting stuck. Also, post your config.plist.

Also, what version of BIOS are you running?

BIOS 2.17.1246

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20190423_085429.jpg
    20190423_085429.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 55
BIOS 2.17.1246

As per forum rules, please update your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

Please try with this EFI folder. Replace the one you have on your USB installer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 62
@pastrychef - can you provide a quick outline of how you change system definition from iMac 18,3 to iMac 19,1? Do you usually need to generate new serial numbers, UUIDs, etc (and therefore needing to reactivate iMessage, iCloud?)Thanks!

@pastrychef - can you provide a quick outline of how you change system definition from iMac 18,3 to iMac 19,1? Do you usually need to generate new serial numbers, UUIDs, etc (and therefore needing to reactivate iMessage, iCloud?)Thanks!

First, be aware that you need the special build of macOS 10.14.4 (18E2034) to use iMac19,x. This is the build that's included with the latest iMacs. Please see this post on how to get the 18E2034 build.

1. I just follow the instructions on how to get 18E2034 then used it to create a new USB installer.
  2. Then I updated my config.plist with iMac19,1 system definition and created new Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.
  3. Then I rebooted to the USB installer and installed 18E2034 on top of my existing 10.14.4 (18E226) system drive.
  4. When it was done, I was on 18E2034 and using iMac19,1 system definition.

Back