Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I'm having issues exporting from FCPX in H.264 format with shikivga=1 (fails immediately with error code 12912).

I saw a suggestion to change the system defintion to iMac19,1 here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-rx-vega-final-cut-h-264-fix.233067/

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I also cannot export with shikigva flags of 1 or 57. shikigva=60 works for me, as well as removing any shiki boot arguments (which lets whatevergreen auto-configure). However, with either shikigva=60 or no boot arguments, DRM does not work for me, but it allows h.264 encoding to work

I also cannot export with shikigva flags of 1 or 57. shikigva=60 works for me, as well as removing any shiki boot arguments (which lets whatevergreen auto-configure). However, with either shikigva=60 or no boot arguments, DRM does not work for me, but it allows h.264 encoding to work

totally wrong ... shikivga = 1 or 57 or any values does not affect the rendering in fcpx ...and that's because shiki is no longer a boot argument for whatevergreen... you have a system identical to mine ... very stable and easy to manage ... try to read more

Last edited:
Just updated Mojave + Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 56 without any issues :)
I use the Vega_Tab kext to undervolt and tweak the Vega settings.
Can I do some more tweaking?
@pastrychef the second monitor only works with WEG, is that normal?

Attachments

• Vega_kext settings .png
    Vega_kext settings .png
    418.3 KB · Views: 64
totally wrong ... shikivga = 1 or 57 or any values does not affect the rendering in fcpx ...and that's because shiki is no longer a boot argument for whatevergreen... you have a system identical to mine ... very stable and easy to manage ... try to read more
I would have thought so, too. But whenever I try to utilize the shikigva 1 or 57 flags, FCPX/Compressor fails to utilize hardware encoding/decoding for H.264. Using the flags does not lead to a hard crash of FCPX or Compressor, but the export will fail and real time h.264 decoding will be sluggish My EFI is essentially the same as that outlined by @pastrychef, with a SMBIOS of iMac 18,3, and an i9-9900K and spoofed device id for the iGPU. I've kept Lilu and WEG up to date with the latest versions. It's good to hear your system works well. Is your setup or EFI linked somewhere/ Perhaps it'll help me resolve this issue.

As far as I've read, the shikigva still seems to be a valid boot argument for WEG. @jaymonkey's guide still lists the shikigva boot argument in his lilu thread. Agree the github page does not list shikigva as a boot argument. But setting the different values has a definite effect on how FCPX/Compressor works on my system.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a problem. I can't add Google account, spinning wheel .. endlessly.
I also tried with Yahoo and AOL and others with the same result, spinning wheel.
With iCloud it works great.

I would have thought so too, but whenever I try to utilize the shikigva 1 or 57 flags, FCPX/Compressor fails to utilize hardware encoding/decoding for h.264. Using the flags does not lead to a hard crash of FCPX or Compressor, but the export will fail and real time h.264 decoding will be sluggish My EFI is essentially the same as that outlined by @pastrychef, with a SMBIOS of iMac 18,3, and 9900k and spoofed device id for the iGPU. I've kept Lilu and WEG up to date with the latest versions. It's good to hear your system works well, is your setup or EFI linked somewhere, perhaps it'll help me resolve this issue.

As far as I've read, the shikigva still seems to be a valid boot argument for WEG. @jaymonkey's guide still lists the shikigva boot argument in his lilu thread. Agree the github page does not list shikigva as a boot argument. But setting the different values has a definite effect on how FCPX/Compressor works on my system.

you did not understand anything ... there you have another problem ... when you start with my efi is almost the same ... to be sure it is a great salad

Hi, I have a problem. I can't add Google account, spinning wheel .. endlessly.
I also tried with Yahoo and AOL and others with the same result, spinning wheel.
With iCloud it works great.
View attachment 386104

I reinstalled and the problem is solved. :think::think: :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hi, has anyone installed the 10.14.3 Supplemental Update yet? Any issues?

Back