Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

So, it's clear where your problems lay. Make sure that GPU and IMEI are configured correctly.

Remember to try a higher quality HDMI cable too.

Update:

I mistake the BIOS problem as plist.
After run serval test and I am sure this time.
Its BIOS setting cause can't wake up. And the most likely is the cpu overclock setting

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it (I can't find this and just disable Advanced\pch configuration\ IOAPIC 24-119 entires somebody says it's the same)
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

After doing this and without modify the plist. It can sleep/wake
But also something weird happens:
When I put the system to sleep. It sleep and wake works well. But after doing this and reboot system. The bios went to safemode
and says the system is not stable (has been attached)
Without sleep and just reboot. The system works fine.

So.
I think I still with 2 problems.

1. sleep cause reboot into safe mode
2. BIOS setting cause can't wake up after sleep (most likely is CPU overclock setting. Later I will make sure if it's OC or IGPU 's fault)

Attachments

• 图像.jpeg
    图像.jpeg
    743.9 KB · Views: 111
Update:

I mistake the BIOS problem as plist.
After run serval test and I am sure this time.
Its BIOS setting cause can't wake up. And the most likely is the cpu overclock setting

1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it (I can't find this and just disable Advanced\pch configuration\ IOAPIC 24-119 entires somebody says it's the same)
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

After doing this and without modify the plist. It can sleep/wake
But also something weird happens:
When I put the system to sleep. It sleep and wake works well. But after doing this and reboot system. The bios went to safemode
and says the system is not stable (has been attached)
Without sleep and just reboot. The system works fine.

So.
I think I still with 2 problems.

1. sleep cause reboot into safe mode
2. BIOS setting cause can't wake up after sleep (most likely is CPU overclock setting. Later I will make sure if it's OC or IGPU 's fault)

When troubleshooting, it's best to run at stock frequencies.

Update:

there is no logic what you say ... you read somewhere about overclock but I do not think you understand anything ... the only point in your list is related to overclocking is 2 ... the rest are different

there is no logic what you say ... you read somewhere about overclock but I do not think you understand anything ... the only point in your list is related to overclocking is 2 ... the rest are different

Sorry. Just new to hackintosh.
I mean I follow installation guides. after install kext/dsdt. Almost everything works fine.

as I mentioned problem 1.
I can reboot system perfectly without issue.
But after sleep and wake.(sleep/wake works fine at this time) when I reboot the system the BIOS will enter safe mode. And says the system is not stable. (Not overclocking at this time)

as my problem 2.
I make my 9900k/OC5.0/1.29v/load-line Calibration level 6/Maximum CPU temperature 115/CPU C-states disable
It works pretty well at Windows.When idle is 40C, and I also have tested it for 2 hours by p95. the temperature will stay at 90C (since I use an itx case)
After OC the CPU, it seems work fine at mac 10.14.2. I have use it for one week without any strange things.
Until today. I tired to put it into sleep. Then it can't wake it up. The screen stays black and monitor says no signal.

Then I reset my BIOS and follow the guides again. Without OC/XMP/iGPU setting.
It seems sleep/wake well.
So I guess something wrong with my BIOS setting.

Sorry. Just new to hackintosh

as my problem 2.
I make my 9900k/OC5.0/1.29v/load-line Calibration level 6/Maximum CPU temperature 115/CPU C-states disable
By resetting bios to factory default you actually enabled c-states ... where did you read that must be disable?

The result says something from the usb port ... an external disk ...

try in config.plist change darkwake to 0 (zero) if you have other value
...... Wake reason: Button (0x03) - is mouse or trackpad click
It was set to zero.

The result says something from the usb port ... an external disk ...

try in config.plist change darkwake to 0 (zero) if you have other value
...... Wake reason: Button (0x03) - is mouse or trackpad click
I have set darkwake=1 and removed USB DSDT from ACPI>Patched and reinstalled "Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext". The DSDT I created seems to have become corrupt. New DSDT will have to wait for another day. Oh yes, system now sleeps and wakes normally. (I think)

Hi Chef,

I need a little help here, I think I just broke my system.
My GPU goes for RMA and I started to use Intel's HD630 but the screen was flickering... I googled the issue and put I think intelgraficsfixup.kext to the kext forlder and now I cannot boot. System just reboots while booting.
I didn't delete nvidia drivers but I selected to use native macos driver, I understand that it is not related to UHD 630, just saying.

So, I have a USB drive that I used to install everything and I cannot boot from it too. I just choose to boot from USB in clover window and it takes way longer too to rich the same point where computer reboots.

Do you have any suggestions how can I fix that?

Thanks!!

P.s. I still have Nvidia GPU here, but system doesn't boot even with it.

Back