Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

@pastrychef
ok I'm back .....I've been struggling to make it as stable as possible ... I think I've been able to be stable ... every time reset or shutdown, the bios go into safe mode ... why? ...
I quit wifi + bt m.2 ... broken heart ...
sound does not work ...
sleep / wake also does not work ...
actually shutdown does not work ...
if you can help me with some tips ...
and anyway, thank you for your advice so far ...
but you better advise me before I buy this card ... :)

@pastrychef
ok I'm back .....I've been struggling to make it as stable as possible ... I think I've been able to be stable ... every time reset or shutdown, the bios go into safe mode ... why? ...
I quit wifi + bt m.2 ... broken heart ...
sound does not work ...
sleep / wake also does not work ...
actually shutdown does not work ...
if you can help me with some tips ...
and anyway, thank you for your advice so far ...
but you better advise me before I buy this card ... :)

Try different versions of OsxAptioFix to see if it works better than AptioMemoryFix.

No. I only use EmuVariableUEFI when there's no other choice. You lose native NVRAM when you use it. Z390 doesn't have much of a choice right now.

What sleep issues are you having?
Sleep wake happens twice, then sleep and it wakes on its own twice and I have access to system and after that sleep happens and appears to wake but the system is unresponsive to input, black screen, force restart button is unresponsive. The only way to get to a boot is to hold the power button, shut down and then restart with the power button

Sleep wake happens twice, then sleep and it wakes on its own twice and I have access to system and after that sleep happens and appears to wake but the system is unresponsive to input, black screen, force restart button is unresponsive. The only way to get to a boot is to hold the power button, shut down and then restart with the power button

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure

Please enter the following in Terminal and post the output:
Code:
pmset -g log | grep -i failure
Here it is, looks like it is a USB problem?
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 2.52.56 PM.png

My sleep/wake issues went away after making a custom SSDT and setting dark wake to 0 or 1
Mine started after creating the SSDT, will try the darkwake 0

Mine started after creating the SSDT, will try the darkwake 0

Here this is mine we have the same board however this one will shut off one of your yellow usb at the top and it will disable the M2 Port for the onboard wifi. All other ports on the back and front will be enabled and the 2 USB 2 headers on the board. My sleep works great.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    695 bytes · Views: 122
Here this is mine we have the same board however this one will shut off one of your yellow usb at the top and it will disable the M2 Port for the onboard wifi. All other ports on the back and front will be enabled and the 2 USB 2 headers on the board. My sleep works great.
probably would not work for my set-up but this is unfamiliar territory for me.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 117
  • SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl
    4.1 KB · Views: 87
Back