Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thank you, that was a fast reply... looks like its a common problem from the Photos app, related to the igpu... i will digg deeper and keep you updated:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/photos-app-makes-system-freeze.251513/page-3

anyway thank you for your great support and explications, i have never had a better hackintosh experience (now my third machine)
I have been using the Photos app since High Sierra and experience no such issue. Also I have Photo Stream enabled

Hello guys

I followed this build and so far everything works but one mayor thing doesnt:
My UP2715K gets displayed as two seperate 2560x1440 Monitors. Does anybody know, how two activate the multispan Mode so I can get 5k resolution ?
I use a Vega64 nitro+.
Before it was working with a GTX 1080Ti and with the multispan Flag set in clover.

I also have the Dell UP2715K and a Vega 64. I spent the entire night trying to get it to work, was not easy, not sure what I did or if I can replicate it. it's got something to do with vegaGraphicsfixup.kext . And might be something else, I don't remember anymore, it was late I was trying a hundred things at the same time trying to make it work. It works, fans also work, USB works. I've attached my clover directory. Replace yours with mine and try it out, it should work. Just add your serials numbers in SMBIOS section where I marked it as REMOVED.

Good luck

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 77
Hello guys

I followed this build and so far everything works but one mayor thing doesnt:
My UP2715K gets displayed as two seperate 2560x1440 Monitors. Does anybody know, how two activate the multispan Mode so I can get 5k resolution ?
I use a Vega64 nitro+.
Before it was working with a GTX 1080Ti and with the multispan Flag set in clover.

I also have the Dell UP2715K and a Vega 64. I spent the entire night trying to get it to work, was not easy, not sure what I did or if I can replicate it. it's got something to do with vegaGraphicsfixup.kext . And might be something else, I don't remember anymore, it was late I was trying a hundred things at the same time trying to make it work. It works, fans also work, USB works. I've attached my clover directory. Replace yours with mine and try it out, it should work. Just add your serials numbers in SMBIOS section where I marked it as REMOVED.

Good luck

Yes. Thank you for that, alaman64!

Looks like the fix is just to add one kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

Kext can be found here:

Thank you guys very much for the quick answers! I will try it out as soon as I get home from work. :thumbup:
I will report back if the kext is sufficent.

I updated to 10.14.1 and the new EFI folder. Now, When the hack starts, I get to the login window, and, after 10 seconds, it restarts. How can I debug this? Gfx card is a 580.

Update: I booted into the recovery and installed again, and it worked - I guess the installation didnt work

I really have no idea why you are experiencing this anomaly... I use AirDrop quite often and I'm always logged in to iCloud because I use Messages all day long.

I think you should start a thread in the Networking sub-forum and see if anyone has a solution.

I did but no one said anything, did my smbios look good?

I have no idea how I ended up here.

I have high sierra working on this computer.

I have -
Thermaltake V21 Case
GA-Z370N-WiFi mobo
Intel i7-8700k
AMD RX 480 GPU
16gb 3466Mhz ram
600SFX Corsair PSU

I spent like two days just trying to get the installer to not show a prohibited sign. Then all of a sudden it didnt show a prohibited sign, it installed, and I dont even remember my steps to get there.
I just got my mac up and running High Sierra. I have no clue how I did it though. I am now scared to even touch this computer and I need to install this chip.

I have this broadcom chip - BCM94360CD - Natively supports wifi and BT. It is going in my GA-Z370N-Wifi Mobo
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...card-into-a-ga-z370n-wifi-motherboard.259300/
I see this but I dont know if I need the adapter or not.

Right now, the computer works, I am afraid that I am going to start messing with it and just break the whole thing again and never get it back up and running. I am shocked that it worked so far.

A8BBB467-5194-4823-91A8-C30C13464DD0.jpeg
52743BF0-F527-4DA7-9C62-4BC37EA96951.jpeg
A74E9F7A-4483-47FF-B06A-B0F1DA2FE2B1.jpeg
CF1BD8D4-2C57-4374-8179-78576B0B6D56.jpeg
4AC5D6FD-8077-47F3-92D8-BD300E47606D.jpeg

Back