Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

You can revert to spoofing Kaby Lake graphics. Change these two:

View attachment 350602

Display flickers still, I added and removed the boot flag, changed SMBIOS from 18.3 to 18.1, changed platform and device ID. I guess can go back to r3.5, I'm not sure why my iGPU is giving me issues...

Display flickers still, I added and removed the boot flag, changed SMBIOS from 18.3 to 18.1, changed platform and device ID. I guess can go back to r3.5, I'm not sure why my iGPU is giving me issues...

I don't know either...

Is there a way to extract the PowerPlayTable values Apple is using by default? I would like to stick to the original with just small adjustments instead of building everything from scratch with the VGTab-defaults which seem wrong. Apples behaviour is actually quite good. Fans are off while idle, they start under load. But after load they never to back to idle/off. All the custom PowerPlayTables I tried go back to their idle settings but have other downsides like fans never being completely off and higher temperatures in general.

Is there a way to extract the PowerPlayTable values Apple is using by default? I would like to stick to the original with just small adjustments instead of building everything from scratch with the VGTab-defaults which seem wrong. Apples behaviour is actually quite good. Fans are off while idle, they start under load. But after load they never to back to idle/off. All the custom PowerPlayTables I tried go back to their idle settings but have other downsides like fans never being completely off and higher temperatures in general.

See this thread, third post on page 6:
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325120-vega-frontier-edition-on-high-sierra/?page=6

Okrasit says that default table can be found in /System/Library/Extensions/AMD10000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Unfortunately the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable key doesn't exist there. At least not in the file I have here from Mojave Beta 11.

Unfortunately the PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable key doesn't exist there. At least not in the file I have here from Mojave Beta 11.

Hmm... I just looked and I didn't see it in High Sierra either. Don't know where else to look.

Hi, I wiped the disk last night and installed the Mojave Public Beta through the installer disk. I then restored only the applications and other settings through my Time Machine Drive and mounted the EFI through Clover Configurator. Somehow, the EFI on there was what I had on my computer before the wipe, with the SSDT USB fix, Serial Number, and everything. Still, the mic is not working. What could be causing this now since this is a fresh install of Mojave with no changes made whatsoever? Could it just be the front panel IO not working properly?

Last edited:
Hi, I wiped the disk last night and installed the Mojave Public Beta through the installer disk. I then restored only the applications and other settings through my Time Machine Drive and mounted the EFI through Clover Configurator. Somehow, the EFI on there was what I had on my computer before the wipe, with the SSDT USB fix, Serial Number, and everything. Still, the mic is not working. What could be causing this now since this is a fresh install of Mojave with no changes made whatsoever? Could it just be the front panel IO not working properly?

Please post your EFI folder again.

Please post your EFI folder again.
Here's my EFI. Also, I keep getting logged out of iCloud every time I reboot and it asks me to sign in again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 97
Here's my EFI. Also, I keep getting logged out of iCloud every time I reboot and it asks me to sign in again.

Please try this EFI.

The only time it asks me to sign in again is when I change system definitions. Maybe clearing your NVRAM will help. Try entering the following in Terminal:
Code:
sudo nvram -c

Also, are you using a PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.3 MB · Views: 110
Back