Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I know use the MSI VEGA56 Airbooster too. Do you use the OC-Switch on the card ?

Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card​
Initially, I used a BCM94360 card with PCI-e adaptor. I then switched to a Dell DW1830 M.2 card that replaced the Intel card that was included with the motherboard. This allows for a much neater installation and frees up a PCI-e slot.

If I'm using ethernet and only need Bluetooth, is it possible to use the OEM Intel card?

yes ...only BT working
Excellent. After boot I see it listed under About This Mac > System Report > USB (Realtek BT 4.2 chip) but it doesn't show up under ATM > SR >Bluetooth. Is there a specific kext that needs to be installed?

Excellent. After boot I see it listed under About This Mac > System Report > USB (Realtek BT 4.2 chip) but it doesn't show up under ATM > SR >Bluetooth. Is there a specific kext that needs to be installed?

Sorry. I can't help. I replaced the stock Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card before I even turned on the computer.

OK, thanks anyway. I'll just use the USB dongle for now. No hurry to get a compatible Broadcom card in this build.

Just wanted to thank a lot for this guide, I just managed to build my first hackintosh with specs similar to this one. And almost everything is working perfect!

Asus ROG Z370-G Wifi
i7-8700K
16GB Crucial Sport Ballistic Memory
2x 500gb SSD (Dualboot win 10)
Sapphire Vega 56 8 GB
Noctua NH-D15S

The only problem so far was with the BCM94360CS2.

I installed it wrong directly on the M2 adapter, without the plastic screw mentioned above. My mouse started to behave very erratic when i booted, I then realized WiFi or BT was not working so I shut down the computer. When I took the card out it was so hot that I barley could touch it, so i guess I fried it. It's not working after a correct mounting either, so guess I have to get a new one...

Otherwise everything is fantastic, running with a 27" Dell U2715H over the DisplayPort. Had to turn off DP 1.2 on the display menu to get it to work for some reason.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited:
Back