Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes, there are some issues with IGPU with the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen. If you want, you can downgrade to r3.5 of the EFI folder. You can find r3.5 of the EFI folder in post #1. Or, you can upgrade macOS to High Sierra 17G2112. You can find links to all relevant info post #1>Latest update near the bottom of the post.

I am using r3.5 now and the issue is happening with r3.5... and sorry for a dumb question? how can I upgrade macOS to 17G2112 :)

I am using r3.5 now and the issue is happening with r3.5... and sorry for a dumb question? how can I upgrade macOS to 17G2112 :)

r3.5 should not have any issues with IGPU. Please post your EFI folder so I can see if there are any noticeable errors.

If you want to upgraded to 17G2112, please see post #2517.

r3.5 should not have any issues with IGPU. Please post your EFI folder so I can see if there are any noticeable errors.

If you want to upgraded to 17G2112, please see post #2517.
Here are my EFI and images that may explain better for you the issue. thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.7 MB · Views: 167
  • Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    300.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Untitled-2.png
    Untitled-2.png
    443.6 KB · Views: 86
Here are my EFI and images that may explain better for you the issue. thanks!

This EFI looks like it should be fine. It's just missing serial, board serial, and UUID.

You can try clearing NVRAM to see if it helps. In Terminal enter:
Code:
sudo nvram -c

Happy to report that my Sapphire Pulse RX 580 was plug and play with your EFI Unified r4.1.zip file!!!
Just a recap, I loaded everything up as instructed in Post#1, (except USB port config.. may need help with that one...)
Other than that, it just went to "sleep", front power button blinked on and off but when I went to wake'er up... no video. I'll play a little and report back. Thank you again @pastrychef!!

Yes, I don't know how to disable Trim on NVMe nor have I ever tried. I rarely reboot so 30 second boot time is not an issue for me. If you want, you can can try using HFS+ rather than APFS which supposedly speeds things up...

I don't know why you would want to run without serial, board serial, and UUID. It can only cause problems and setting them up is not hard at all. It's your choice if you want to set them up.

You can use Clover Configurator which gives you a UI to see changes in your config.plist.

It sounds like your Vega 64 uses a non-reference cooler. In this case, you will have to rely on the video card's firmware to handle fan control.

Yeah, me too. When this iMac was fine I used to have uptimes of 40 days lol
Thanks for all the help, just one last question: Is it bad that my Vega 64 has to "control" itself?

Happy to report that my Sapphire Pulse RX 580 was plug and play with your EFI Unified r4.1.zip file!!!
Just a recap, I loaded everything up as instructed in Post#1, (except USB port config.. may need help with that one...)
Other than that, it just went to "sleep", front power button blinked on and off but when I went to wake'er up... no video. I'll play a little and report back. Thank you again @pastrychef!!

Which video port are you using on the RX 580?

Yeah, me too. When this iMac was fine I used to have uptimes of 40 days lol
Thanks for all the help, just one last question: Is it bad that my Vega 64 has to "control" itself?

No, I would not say it's bad, just different. Most (all?) Nvidia cards have fans controlled by the firmware.

Last edited:
Which video port are you using on the RX 580?

DP on the opposite side of HDMI

I turned off the "Auto Power Off" on the monitor. 27" BenQ SW2700PT

Last edited:
DP on the opposite side of HDMI

I turned off the "Auto Power Off" on the monitor. 27" BenQ SW2700PT

You should not have problems with wake from sleep. I have used a Sapphire RX 580 Pulse in a build for a friend and it wakes without any problems. I forgot which Display Port I used, but you can experiment with different ports to see if it helps.

Back