Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Yes, in my opinion, AMD video cards make much more sense than Nvidia cards now.

Yes, the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse should prove to be trouble-free. I have one installed in a build I did for a friend.
Thank you

I could use some help. I have lag and glitching with UHD630 which is showing up as 14 MB. I am running 8700K with Asus Z370-G.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 9.27.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 9.28.20 PM.png

If/when you try 17G2112, please try with this EFI.

Ok, great news...

Just updated to 17G2112 on a bootable clone drive and the EFI works perfectly.

Even better news...

After reading a few threads regarding the new native Coffee Lake support I thought I would try it without the injected platform-id etc... worked perfectly.

Next step, tried without WhateverGreen... works perfectly. Audio through DP works too (I don't use it, but thought I would try it)

One snag I hit when updating to 17G2112 was that it completely removed my EFI folder. It was fine as I just used a USB stick I have with a working bootable EFI, but its something to note.

So... TLDR;
Build 17G2112 allows us to use the UHD 630 completely natively with zero additional kexts or injections.

EDIT: The new build also picks up the CPU in About this Mac, rather than saying Unknown. You can also see that the graphics are being picked up as CFL (Coffee Lake).

Attachments

• about.png
    about.png
    285 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Ok, great news...

Just updated to 17G2112 on a bootable clone drive and the EFI works perfectly.

Even better news...

After reading a few threads regarding the new native Coffee Lake support I thought I would try it without the injected platform-id etc... worked perfectly.

Next step, tried without WhateverGreen... works perfectly. Audio through DP works too (I don't use it, but thought I would try it)

One snag I hit when updating to 17G2112 was that it completely removed my EFI folder. It was fine as I just used a USB stick I have with a working bootable EFI, but its something to note.

So... TLDR;
Build 17G2112 allows us to use the UHD 630 completely natively with zero additional kexts or injections.
from where download you 17G2112 ?...

where download files ? i dont found ..

You have to download that python file and run it. Then select the build you want to download.

I also had to change a file to make it complete creating the DMG file. Let me know if you want some instructions.

You have to download that python file and run it. Then select the build you want to download.

I also had to change a file to make it complete creating the DMG file. Let me know if you want some instructions.
so ... when finish download it create an dmg file ? where ? on desktop ?

Back