Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ok. I've tried for the past couple of days now. I cannot get unified 4.1 to work.

I am running a machine that just uses the igpu. I can get it to boot, but the display is not HiDPI retina (it is 4k resolution... so everything is tiny) and there are lots of graphical glitches etc.

I am currently running an EFI that has everything updated except WhateverGreen and it is working fine.

However, I am sure this can't last forever as IntelGraphicsFixup and Shiki will stop being updated, right?

Any ideas? Anyone else out there got the same problem?

Did you try changing system definition to iMac18,1?

Please post your EFI so I can have a look. Maybe I see something causing you problems.

This is the one that caused the graphic problems.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.5 MB · Views: 211
This is the one that caused the graphic problems.

Please try this and see if it makes any difference. Remember to backup your existing, working EFI and copy/paste your serial, board serial, and UUID.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.5 MB · Views: 194
Please try this and see if it makes any difference. Remember to backup your existing, working EFI and copy/paste your serial, board serial, and UUID.

Yeah, I have a USB with Clover on that I use if I make changes that won’t boot.

I’ll try that soon!

It booted, but was still stuck in 4K mode. I checked "about this Mac" and noticed it only had 31mb. My current working EFI uses 1536mb for the igpu.

It did seem to have less glitches though than the previous version. I noticed you changed the ig-platform-id. Were there any other changes?

Also, I tried to find a way to PM you but apparently its either not possible or a lot harder than it should be... your serial number etc is still in the EFI you posted for me to use.

EDIT: Does the unified efi use the platform-id from the previous EFIs? Or does it use the new one that is officially supported in Mojave? Could that be causing the problem as I'm still on High Sierra (and don't have the special MacBook build)?
Just thinking out loud...

Last edited:
I was browsing through some threads and came across this one where a forum member has found a Chinese site and app that supposedly helps in the creation of kexts to help correct Vega fan speeds and can adjust frequencies. Warning: Use at your own risk. I have not tested it because I can't make heads or tails of all the Chinese...

Using the power of Google Translate I have made this application easier to understand for us English speaking people.

Attachments

• VGTab-en.zip
    429.5 KB · Views: 210
It booted, but was still stuck in 4K mode. I checked "about this Mac" and noticed it only had 31mb. My current working EFI uses 1536mb for the igpu.

It did seem to have less glitches though than the previous version. I noticed you changed the ig-platform-id. Were there any other changes?

Also, I tried to find a way to PM you but apparently its either not possible or a lot harder than it should be... your serial number etc is still in the EFI you posted for me to use.

EDIT: Does the unified efi use the platform-id from the previous EFIs? Or does it use the new one that is officially supported in Mojave? Could that be causing the problem as I'm still on High Sierra (and don't have the special MacBook build)?
Just thinking out loud...

ig-platform-id 59120000 was used in previous releases for UHD630. I replicated it with the EFI I sent you.

Yes. I saw that the serial, board serial, and UUID were empty and I filled them.

Private communications is frowned upon by the forum. It is preferred to keep communications public so that others can learn form the information posted.

I have made a few changes as per the guide. Please try this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.5 MB · Views: 166
Back