Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Be honest.

When you saw the 2018 MBP, did you think "Ooh, there will be a bluetooth 5 Wifi Card to go into my NGFF(M.2) Key A/E Adapter soon".

:)

I didn't because based on the teardown, it appears that the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth is not on a card, but what does that have to do with anything being discussed in this thread?

Hi @pastrychef, love your guide!

May I ask if you made a mistake and forgot to include this bit

Update #15 (July 21, 2018):
EFI folder updated to r4.1. Changes are:
  • Clover r4617
  • Lilu 1.2.5
  • WhateverGreen 1.2.0
  • AppleALC 1.3.0
  • config.plist updated with new method to inject ig-platform-id

I do not see anything related to ig-platform-id for UHD630 in r4.1. r4.0 did have custom injection under Devices. Could you check?

-----------------------------------------------

I read the past few pages and I think I got it now. Just clarify for me if this is the right understanding, under the new paradigm of Lilu + Whatevergreen, there's no need to inject Intel, no need for the discretionary addition of the arbitrary inject intel hd properties, right?

Last edited:
Hi @pastrychef, love your guide!

May I ask if you made a mistake and forgot to include this bit

I do not see anything related to ig-platform-id for UHD630 in r4.1. r4.0 did have custom injection under Devices. Could you check?

-----------------------------------------------

I read the past few pages and I think I got it now. Just clarify for me if this is the right understanding, under the new paradigm of Lilu + Whatevergreen, there's no need to inject Intel, no need for the discretionary addition of the arbitrary inject intel hd properties, right?

It's in Devices>Properties.

Not in your r4.1 config.plist. Take a look for yourself. It was there in r4.0.

Yes. I just downloaded from post #1 and looked...
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 11.36.34 AM.png

Yes, new method does not use Inject Intel or ig-platform-id in graphics section.
Does it hurt somewhere if I don't remove the Inject Intel and ig-platform-id? I have faster boot time if I have it enabled.

Does it hurt somewhere if I don't remove the Inject Intel and ig-platform-id? I have faster boot time if I have it enabled.

I don't know. I haven't tried it like that.

Ok. I've tried for the past couple of days now. I cannot get unified 4.1 to work.

I am running a machine that just uses the igpu. I can get it to boot, but the display is not HiDPI retina (it is 4k resolution... so everything is tiny) and there are lots of graphical glitches etc.

I am currently running an EFI that has everything updated except WhateverGreen and it is working fine.

However, I am sure this can't last forever as IntelGraphicsFixup and Shiki will stop being updated, right?

Any ideas? Anyone else out there got the same problem?

I feel so noob. Got really confused reading previous comments.
So the proper way now is to remove it under Graphics and add the patches under Devices, is it?

Yes. For more information, see here.

Back