Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

(removed)...Preview doesn't have good editing tools. :(

Remember to copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and memory settings to the new config.plist.

Sigh I been working on this project very very hard for two weeks, and I can not configure the build to be rock solid.
It renders my machine unstable trying to keep it floating with dual monitors.

When I configure USB ports, the audio disappears. It is realized that dual monitors probably needs custom configuration also.
I did not get to the point were I installed the audio ad modus Toleda, because it seems an obvious thing to clear problems away caused by the displays. I also had some cleaning after using Multibeast in front of me.

So I am glad, that I am back where I started thanks to you. I think I lost a little track under way, it would probably have been hard for me to settle what to do.
It is very comfortable to use your EFI for Intel UHD630 r3.5.zip , to hell with correct setting of USB ports for now.
I have a lot of work to be done.
The EFI for Intel UHD630 r3.5.zip gives me a working machine, with audio. It can not start with dual monitors. I have to wait to connect the HDMI-cable till after start-up. But it does not crash when I do that, as before.
I can wake the computer from the keyboard which also was broken.
It appears at that ASUS implementation of multiple monitors invokes some sort of changes in port routing given one of two monitors are used, because it is also pathways for both video and audio.

1. "Remember to copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and memory settings to the new config.plist."
I can not find the memory settings in the config.plist.
2. where can I read more about this issue?
3. I posted my EFI here, do I have to generate new serial, board serial and UUID?

Thank you.

Sigh I been working on this project very very hard for two weeks, and I can not configure the build to be rock solid.
It renders my machine unstable trying to keep it floating with dual monitors.

When I configure USB ports, the audio disappears. It is realized that dual monitors probably needs custom configuration also.
I did not get to the point were I installed the audio ad modus Toleda, because it seems an obvious thing to clear problems away caused by the displays. I also had some cleaning after using Multibeast in front of me.

So I am glad, that I am back where I started thanks to you. I think I lost a little track under way, it would probably have been hard for me to settle what to do.
It is very comfortable to use your EFI for Intel UHD630 r3.5.zip , to hell with correct setting of USB ports for now.
I have a lot of work to be done.
The EFI for Intel UHD630 r3.5.zip gives me a working machine, with audio. It can not start with dual monitors. I have to wait to connect the HDMI-cable till after start-up. But it does not crash when I do that, as before.
I can wake the computer from the keyboard which also was broken.
It appears at that ASUS implementation of multiple monitors invokes some sort of changes in port routing given one of two monitors are used, because it is also pathways for both video and audio.

1. "Remember to copy/paste your Serial, Board Serial, UUID, and memory settings to the new config.plist."
I can not find the memory settings in the config.plist.
2. where can I read more about this issue?
3. I posted my EFI here, do I have to generate new serial, board serial and UUID?

Thank you.

Go to System Information>Memory to see how your memory is shown. If incorrect, make changes in your config.plist.
Use the Idiot's Guide iMessage for instructions on how to set up Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Hi, pastrychef,

I am a native Chinese speaker, and I was able to try out the Chinese app you mention about in the latest update. It is a very similar method to this
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...n-high-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=2614653
The above method requires you to edit the powertable in windows and then copy the code to mac and then put in the kexts. The Chinese app is basically simplified all the steps above into one simple click. You first click on the app, and it will open an HTML, and you will able to set your desired frequency, voltage, fan speed, and power limit. On the bottom of the HTML, you can generate the kext automatically. I have generated two kexts by using this app.

vega64: stock frequency voltage, idle fan speed:800, max:4900, target temp:55c
vega56: stock frequency voltage, idle fan speed:800, max:4900, target temp:55c

Attachments

• VegaTab_56.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 109
  • VegaTab_64.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 114
Hi, pastrychef,

I am a native Chinese speaker, and I was able to try out the Chinese app you mention about in the latest update. It is a very similar method to this
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...n-high-sierra/?do=findComment&comment=2614653
The above method requires you to edit the powertable in windows and then copy the code to mac and then put in the kexts. The Chinese app is basically simplified all the steps above into one simple click. You first click on the app, and it will open an HTML, and you will able to set your desired frequency, voltage, fan speed, and power limit. On the bottom of the HTML, you can generate the kext automatically. I have generated two kexts by using this app.

vega64: stock frequency voltage, idle fan speed:800, max:4900, target temp:55c
vega56: stock frequency voltage, idle fan speed:800, max:4900, target temp:55c

Thank you very much for your help!!! I will try them out once I have a bit more free time!!

Thank you very much for your help!!! I will try them out once I have a bit more free time!!

You are welcome! I am very grateful that you helped us with our Hackintosh build, so I am willing to help anytime. If you want, I could make some custom kexts that fit your need or more testing.
For my personal experience, I was using the RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext, which works fine, but I did notice some terrible scroll lag on applications like IOregistryExplore. The scroll was very laggy. After using the Chinese kexts, it fixes the scroll lag issue for me. I am not sure it is the new kext that fix it or something else, i jsut want to share this with you. maybe you have some methods to test these kexts.

You are welcome! I am very grateful that you helped us with our Hackintosh build, so I am willing to help anytime. If you want, I could make some custom kexts that fit your need or more testing.
For my personal experience, I was using the RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext, which works fine, but I did notice some terrible scroll lag on applications like IOregistryExplore. The scroll was very laggy. After using the Chinese kexts, it fixes the scroll lag issue for me. I am not sure it is the new kext that fix it or something else, i jsut want to share this with you. maybe you have some methods to test these kexts.

I think the best way to test is just to use it on a daily basis for a few days.

The RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext worked very well for me except for one very old game that I played. It is an old game and graphics are very simple, but it caused the fan on my Vega to run at full speed. Not sure if it's just bad programming on the game or a driver issue or something else...

I think the best way to test is just to use it on a daily basis for a few days.

The RadeonVegaLowFansSpeed.kext worked very well for me except for one very old game that I played. It is an old game and graphics are very simple, but it caused the fan on my Vega to run at full speed. Not sure if it's just bad programming on the game or a driver issue or something else...

Yea good point. I will try this kext for some time. BTW I made a mistake that the kexts I upload last time had max TDP set to 80%. I will attach one below with Max TDP set to 150%.

Attachments

• VegaTab_56.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 602
Go to System Information>Memory to see how your memory is shown. If incorrect, make changes in your config.plist.
Use the Idiot's Guide iMessage for instructions on how to set up Serial, Board Serial, and UUID.

Thanks again, also for the guide. Memory is presented correct.

Another thing, I purchased a Samsung SSD T5 a while ago, when my primary computer began to inflate, for backup purposes. I placed your EFI (HD630) on it. I am working from it now, and both 1. gen. and 2. gen. 3.1 USB-ports performs with around 500MB/s read and write, giving the computer quite a snappy gefühl. That makes one wonder, whether we in reality needs internal drives or not. Ha ha ha, funny how things turns out.

Last edited:
Hi, everything was working, until I just made the update to : Clover 4617 + Lilu-1.2.5 + WhatEverGreen-1.2.0. There is a kernel panic during boot.
I've got an Asus Rog Strix Z370-E + i5 8400 + Evo 970. No dedicated graphic card, only iGPU.
Here is my Clover Folder.
What am I missing ?
Thanks.

Attachments

• MyCLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 144
Back