Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Audio: I can only choose between SoundFlower, AppleTV, AirParrot.

EFI: Did you change anything else aside from the patch from PMHeart&FredWst "USB 10.13.6+ by PMHeart&FredWst"?
It was a mistake I turned that on again, I realize that it is not needed anymore after making my own SSDT for the USB ports.

I don't know if SoundFlower is an issue. I've never used it. But here's what I see for outputs:
Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 11.31.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 11.31.33 AM.png
Yes, I disabled the 15 port limit patch. None of the 15 port limit patches are needed if you have correctly implemented SSDT for USB.

I also updated you to the latest AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext with the necessary changes to Device section of your config.plist.

I noticed that the mirroring option is now shown in menu, and that the HDMI now is mirroring the display output, and I can not control the monitors separately. It appears to that I only have one monitor.

Hmm... Sounds like you may need to do a custom port configuration...

The directions to do this for the latest WhateverGreen are at:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-for-mojave.256490/

Although directions were originally written for Skylake, you can employ the same technique for port discovery using the following guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-workaround-using-intel-hd530-with-dual-monitors.214125/

I don't know if SoundFlower is an issue. I've never used it. But here's what I see for outputs:
View attachment 342508 View attachment 342509
Yes, I disabled the 15 port limit patch. None of the 15 port limit patches are needed if you have correctly implemented SSDT for USB.

I also updated you to the latest AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, and WhateverGreen.kext with the necessary changes to Device section of your config.plist.

By the way, in the method by Toleda it seems to AppleALC and Lilu is removed, when one is following the CloverALC strategy for audio, this is my plan B.

Here is my Output:

Before audio.png

By the way, in the method by Toleda it seems to AppleALC and Lilu is removed, when one is following the CloverALC strategy for audio, this is my plan B.

Here is my Output:

View attachment 342513

You can try that method. To undo the AppleALC method, just delete AppleALC.kext.

I noticed that the mirroring option is now shown in menu, and that the HDMI now is mirroring the display output, and I can not control the monitors separately. It appears to that I only have one monitor.

Please try this EFI to see if it helps your video.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.6 MB · Views: 170
Hmm... Sounds like you may need to do a custom port configuration...

The directions to do this for the latest WhateverGreen are at:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-for-mojave.256490/

Although directions were originally written for Skylake, you can employ the same technique for port discovery using the following guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-workaround-using-intel-hd530-with-dual-monitors.214125/

Thank you. I will try that.

Please try this EFI to see if it helps your video.

Same scenario, plus a little more flickering and some pixelation in Safari. Both monitors are attached, I can disconnect them without crashing. But still mirroring, out of control from me.

A new success but only a half ... SAPPHIRE Nitro + Radeon RX 580 video card leaves desirable in terms of performance ... Expensive, inefficient and very difficult to integrate ... Problems with render in the FCPX and/or Premiere ... I do not encourage to buy it...
I've lost all day with the integration of this video card ... and there was no justification for the effort ...
Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 19.38.01.png

Same scenario, plus a little more flickering and some pixelation in Safari. Both monitors are attached, I can disconnect them without crashing. But still mirroring, out of control from me.

Hmm... I don't know what else to try other than custom port configuration... If you want to try one of the older releases of my EFI folder, prior to the changes in WhateverGreen, etc, I can post if for you to try.

Back