Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

You instructed us to apply the USB fix on #1:

1. Download the Strix Z370 USB ports.aml file.
  2. Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml.
  3. Copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/, and, lastly.
  4. Add your uia_exclude boot argument to config.plist.

Correct.

You have to choose which ports you want to exclude. I can't determine that for you guys because everyone will need different ports. For example, if you use a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth PCI-e card, you will need one of the internal USB2 headers enabled, but I use the M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth so all my my internal USB2 headers are disabled.

Correct.

You have to choose which ports you want to exclude. I can't determine that for you guys because everyone will need different ports. For example, if you use a Wi-Fi/Bluetooth PCI-e card, you will need one of the internal USB2 headers enabled, but I use the M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth so all my my internal USB2 headers are disabled.

Yes, but I can not figure it out why we ought to do step 1-3, I can grasp step 4.

Yes, but I can not figure it out why we ought to do step 1-3, I can grasp step 4.

The SSDT is specific to the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming, but there are a lot of people who use my EFI with different models of motherboards. Including the SSDT in the EFI will only cause problems.

No problems to report updating to latest BIOS and Clover version. Followed guide / picklist in #2288. Changed XMP to ON in BIOS and CMS to disabled in BIOS; selected PCIE graphics (for 1080) and enabled Intel graphics (for QuickSync, IIRC). Works fine.

The SSDT is specific to the Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming, but there are a lot of people who use my EFI with different models of motherboards. Including the SSDT in the EFI will only cause problems.

Ouh, I did not realize that. That makes sense. Now I can bring it together into my head. I mistakenly thought that this thread was Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming only. Thank you.

I read that you discourage us from using multiple methods, because of the risk of redundancy in config.list etc. So I am considering starting all over from the top again, just to see how clean I can do your steps. With closed eyes. I must admit, I actually did some twisting before and after the USB fix, to get the audio working, and boot process working on the build drive, using Clover Configurator and Multibeast. This was the reason for my line of questions.

There are major changes in Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. The authors of these great kexts are merging the functionality of IntelGreaphicsFixup.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in to WhateverGreen.kext. More details can be found here.

I just updated to the latest WhateverGreen+Lilu, and removed IntelGraphicsFixUp+Shiki. Works fine.
Note I am using iGPU only.

Hi guys,
I'm having some issues with a slow mouse cursor. It's almost making OSX un-usable. I've read that it's potentially something to do with the Vega 64 cards?
So I fixed the laggy mouse issue. It wasn't the video card at all. I had been using a magic mouse connected to a usb bluetooth adapter.
I found that when I used a regular usb mouse the cursor was fine. So I ended up changing usb ports for the Bluetooth adapter and it's working fine now.
Hopefully this might help someone.

I just updated to the latest WhateverGreen+Lilu, and removed IntelGraphicsFixUp+Shiki. Works fine.
Note I am using iGPU only.
Post your EFI folder please ...I try to replicate this mode and ....$%%^$^%%^&%$&^%^%@^&%^$

It is impossible...I don't find A way to make to work only with iGPU ...

Last edited:
There's a new Noctua 120mm fan in town and it kicks ass!!! It moves more air and runs quieter than their older model which was already one of the best fans on the market. It's expensive but, in my opinion, worth every penny. I replaced the front fan on my heatsink with one of these and now my system is nearly silent at full load!!

Are you saying that you are using this on the CPU cooler? Isn't this a case fan?

Are you saying that you are using this on the CPU cooler? Isn't this a case fan?

Yes. I'm using it on the front of my NH-D15S. The center fan is still the stock NF-A15.

Back