Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Any tips on the correct config/ tweets would be most welcome :)
above 60Hz isn't an issue for me as its for Video editing, ill switch to my PC for full speed.. I just needed the pixels :)
I'm sorry but as it is on my profile i have video card nvidia and not amd ... so i can not test anything but everything is about implementation

Create your USB installer and install macOS:
  1. Download macOS High Sierra installer via App Store from a Mac or hackintosh.
  2. Download UniBeast 8.1.0.
  3. Initialize your USB flash drive with Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and name it USB.
  4. Launch UniBeast and let it create your USB installer.
  5. When finished, replace the EFI folder in the EFI partition with the one linked to the bottom of this post.
  6. *(If you are using AMD RX 500-series or Vega 56/64 graphics, use the "EFI for AMD RX500/Vega.zip" file below instead. If you are using Intel UHD630 only, use the "EFI for Intel UHD630.zip" file below instead.)
Hi, you might wish to adjust #6. Best regards

A little bit of hackintosh current events...

Clover r4617 was just released.

I was browsing through some threads and came across this one where a forum member has found a Chinese site and app that supposedly helps in the creation of kexts to help correct Vega fan speeds and can adjust frequencies. Warning: Use at your own risk. I have not tested it because I can't make heads or tails of all the Chinese...

There are major changes in Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. The authors of these great kexts are merging the functionality of IntelGreaphicsFixup.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext in to WhateverGreen.kext. More details can be found here.

With the release of the latest MacBook Pros, macOS finally has official support for Coffee Lake IGPU, albeit in a special 17G2112 build of macOS.

A little random info on my build...

I picked up a USB 3.1 gen 2 PCI-e x1 card for my system. It has a USB type-C port and uses an ASM1142 controller which has native macOS support. The key point is that it's a x1 card. All the other USB 3.1 gen 2 cards I've seen are all PCI-e x4 or x8. This is important because I only had one PCI-e x1 slot left available. This card can be useful to those who have USB type-C devices which this motherboard does not have natively. This is the card I got.

There's a new Noctua 120mm fan in town and it kicks ass!!! It moves more air and runs quieter than their older model which was already one of the best fans on the market. It's expensive but, in my opinion, worth every penny. I replaced the front fan on my heatsink with one of these and now my system is nearly silent at full load!!

Hi @pastrychef ,my Vega 56 is listed as PCI@0>PEG@0>PEGP@0
What I should inject for GFX0?
(PEG@0 or PEGP@0)
I updated my system to New HS Build,I properly injected coffee lake ID but my HDMI is covered by a pink color, what can I do?
Also new WhateverGreen+Lilu gives me black screen after boot..
Have you tried it?
Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi @pastrychef ,my Vega 65 is listed as PCI@0>PEG@0>PEGP@0
What I should inject for GFX0?
(PEG@0 or PEGP@0)
I updated my system to New HS Build,I properly injected coffee lake ID but my HDMI is covered by a pink color, what can I do?
Also new WhateverGreen+Lilu gives me black screen after boot..
Have you tried it?
Many thanks in advance

PEGP

I've read of others with the pink color issue. Their work around was to set their monitor to YPbPr.

The latest WhateverGreen implements A LOT of changes. I wrote a little bit about it in the post before yours. I have not tried using it yet. If you are having issues, try using the previous release.

PEGP

I've read of others with the pink color issue. Their work around was to set their monitor to YPbPr.

The latest WhateverGreen implements A LOT of changes. I wrote a little bit about it in the post before yours. I have not tried using it yet. If you are having issues, try using the previous release.

I’m having black screen after boot with my vega 56 and also with UHD630.
Now i’m not using WhateverGreen.
So no audio in DP or HDMI,can’t enable it,even if it is in GFXHDA kext IOPropertyMatch.
Can’t figure how i can enable it.
Now i want to try connector-less UHD630,but in CFLFramebuffer,injecting platform-id to 3E920003,if i connect HDMI or DP,i’ll get an all green screen with my cursor pixellated.
About the pink issue,In DP,everything is normal,only with HDMI i get this pink-covered macOS.

Last edited:
I’m having black screen after boot with my vega 56 and also with UHD630.
Now i’m not using WhateverGreen.
So no audio in DP or HDMI,can’t enable it,even if it is in GFXHDA kext IOPropertyMatch.
Can’t figure how i can enable it.
Now i want to try connector-less UHD630,but in CFLFramebuffer,injecting platform-id to 3E920003,if i connect HDMI or DP,i’ll get an all green screen with my cursor pixellated.
About the pink issue,In DP,everything is normal,only with HDMI i get this pink-covered macOS.

Why don't you try the previous release of WhateverGreen?

Here is the HDMI audio guide.

If you have a Vega, the UHD630 should be connector-less. That means you should not connect a monitor to it.

Yes, I think I read that it thinks you are connected to a TV. That's why YPbPr works.

Edit:
Here's another possible fix.

My pleasure!! Glad I was able to help!!

Have you applied the proper USB 15 port limit fix? I've already done all the tedious work. It should be a breeze for everyone else now.

Note that if you use:
Code:
uia_exclude=HS07;HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10
All USB ports will be active except for the 2 USB 2 ports in the rear and 3 out of 4 of the internal USB2 ports from the internal headers. The fourth can be used for Bluetooth with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adaptors.

Why is it that the EFI you supply us with, can not contain the necessary SSDT in this context?

Why is it that the EFI you supply us with, can not contain the necessary SSDT in this context?

Not sure what you are asking...

I've already supplied the SSDT-UBS.aml in post #1.

Not sure what you are asking...

I've already supplied the SSDT-UBS.aml in post #1.

You instructed us to apply the USB fix on #1:

1. Download the Strix Z370 USB ports.aml file.
  2. Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml.
  3. Copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/, and, lastly.
  4. Add your uia_exclude boot argument to config.plist.

Back