Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Thanks for the guide and the files Pastrychef.
The one small problem I have is that when it boots into High Sierra, the rear fan shuts down. It works fine when I boot into Win10.
I have searched for a solution, but no-one seems to be having the same problem.

The one small problem I have is that when it boots into High Sierra, the rear fan shuts down. It works fine when I boot into Win10.

What is the rear fan attached to?

And if you use a different connection, then what?

The fan connectors on the mobo to the rear near the cpu
I have a fan connected to the front mobo connectors and they are working. I've tried to connect to the second rear connector as well, but I get the same problem

Hi Pastry, I've had success with my first build using your guide and exact build specs. I installed Sierra with no problems. However, I've built a second machine with the same parts but with an MSI GTX 1080 (instead of UHD 630 integrated graphics) and also 64GB RAM instead of 16GB. Other than that the builds are the same. I'm having trouble installing High Sierra. I've built the USB with UniBeast 8.1 and using your latest R3.5 Nvidia EFI. The Clover screen comes up, and then it restarts about halfway though the mac OS boot from USB. I've tried multiple USB sticks and downloaded a new High Sierra install, any ideas?

Thanks for all your work.
Cheers
Dave

Please try booting in verbose mode and try to capture where it stops in a picture/video.

Alternatively, you can try one of the following:
1. Install using just UHD 630 and Nvidia card pulled from the computer.
2. Install on an drive using your first build and transplant the drive to the new build when installation is complete.

I don't know how to fix this... The fans should be controlled by BIOS.

I posted about this a while ago, but only found a workaround. See post #1545.

I just popped open the side panel on my case with my computer running to check on the fans just to make sure I'm not crazy... All my fans are running and I am booted in to High Sierra 10.13.6.

My rear fan is connect to:
20083316_sn.jpg

Back