Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

1. Copy the SSDT-USB.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  2. Decide which USB ports you want to disable and add them to "uia_exclude=" in your config.plist.
  3. Disable the KextsToPatches for the 15 port limit.
View attachment 335782

That's it. That's all you have to do. The most difficult part is deciding which ports you want to disable.

Sadly that didn't solve the problem... After 6 hours of sleep the Hackmac booted again like it was completely off.

Sadly that didn't solve the problem... After 6 hours of sleep the Hackmac booted again like it was completely off.

Did you disable autopoweroff? See post #1 on how to disable it.

To be honest no, I thought "Update: Native power management is already implemented in latest release of my EFI folders." makes this step obsolete...

To be honest no, I thought "Update: Native power management is already implemented in latest release of my EFI folders." makes this step obsolete...

The stuff that was obsolete was put in to the spoiler.
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 1.45.40 PM.png

If you don't enter the Terminal command, they system will automatically shut off after a predetermined amount of time. This is not a sign something is wrong. This is a sign it's working right.

Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 1.59.55 PM.png

Source: https://www.dssw.co.uk/reference/pmset.html

Last edited:
It would be really great if the problem was only my failure !
I´ve disable it and wait for the results.

@pastrychef I've swapped the cards and now I'm running the Sapphire Pulse Vega 56. The GB4 score is 187549. The temps are:
"Fan Speed(%)"=36
"Fan Speed(RPM)"=0
"Temperature(C)"=32
The mouse stutter is still here, so it makes me wonder if it's anything to do with the EFI v3.2 I've downloaded from the post #1 for AMD graphics...

I experienced similar issue when using an reference Vega 64 card as written in Post #1639 of this thread. the issue seems related to HDCP with specific monitors, because I can see an error message from console every time the stutter happens.
kernel: AMD Error:
kernel: Failed HDCP: status 4

I've not solved this issue, as I returned the card at the end and ordered another MSI AirBoost Vega 56, which is still on the international shipment... After seeing you have the same issue on Vega 56, I have a feeling about I will meet the same issue again with my new card.:(

@pastrychef I'm curious as to when you remove your 10GbE NIC, and only use your i219 and wifi, with "Wake for Network access" along with "Powernap" enabled, does your computer wake up from sleep shortly after?

I'm using the latest IntelMausiEthernet 2.4.0

Even with my ROG AREION 10G card completely removed and kext patch disabled, with "Wake for Network access" enabled my computer keeps getting woken up every few minutes.

The log shows this: "(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI GLAN (Network)".

Another note, I've noticed that without "Wake for Network access" enabled, TimeMachine backups do not get performed during "Powernap" sleep. Is this the case for anyone?

Last edited:
@pastrychef I'm curious as to when you remove your 10GbE NIC, and only use your i219 and wifi, with "Wake for Network access" along with "Powernap" enabled, does your computer wake up from sleep shortly after?

I'm using the latest IntelMausiEthernet 2.4.0

Even with my ROG AREION 10G card completely removed and kext patch disabled, with "Wake for Network access" enabled my computer keeps getting woken up every few minutes.

The log shows this: "(AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: XDCI GLAN (Network)".

Another note, I've noticed that without "Wake for Network access" enabled, TimeMachine backups do not get performed during "Powernap" sleep. Is this the case for anyone?

I'm currently using an Intel X540-T2 with WOL enabled and it does not have the wake issue.
When I had the Gigabyte GC-AQC107 connected directly to my NAS, it did not have the wake issue.
It only had the wake issue when I used my Gigabyte GC-AQC107 and it was connected to my 10GBase-T switch.

I don't know if Time Machine backups are performed with Power Nap enabled and WoL disabled.

My machine now doesn't boot anymore, I have managed to record a movie from its boot in verbose mode, because it goes screens black after booting and doesn't sent any video signals to the monitors. Any ideas what's going on?

Attachments

• 7676CA7F-E053-4D13-8372-0C7D10EC897C.png
    7676CA7F-E053-4D13-8372-0C7D10EC897C.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
My machine now doesn't boot anymore, I have managed to record a movie from its boot in verbose mode, because it goes screens black after booting and doesn't sent any video signals to the monitors. Any ideas what's going on?

It's a graphics card problem. Check settings related to graphics or try changing from AMD to Nvidia or vice versa or Intel graphics.

Back