Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I use the 3.2 package you have on the first page, I've installed nothing else. I read that part on page 1 but assumed the package included that fix. No overclocking.

It's not clear to me from the question if installing SSDT-USB.aml is the suggested fix for the problem or if its presence is a possible cause for the problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Look in post #1. Post installation tweaks > USB fix.

Look in post #1. Post installation tweaks > USB fix.
Ok, as I said I read that and saw no reference at all to a crash when sleeping. I had also assumed the section was a FYI and this fix was already in the package. If it isn't I'm curious why not ?

Another part where your text is incomplete is that you have both a .aml and a .dsl file, but there is no reference to the .dsl file being used anywhere, and no explanation what it is for. Perhaps the section should be clarified as to the purpose of that .dsl file, and the relevance to crash on sleep problems ..

I'd also like to request that you write what we're actually supposed to enter in Clover Configurator for uia_exclude. That long argument is only provided as a screenshot which is hard to read and you have to squint to read it off the image .

Anyway, I've installed it per the instructions, and we'll see if this usb fix makes it stop crashing on sleep

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Ok, as I said I read that and saw no reference at all to a crash when sleeping. I had also assumed the section was a FYI and this fix was already in the package. If it isn't I'm curious why not ?

Another part where your text is incomplete is that you have both a .aml and a .dsl file, but there is no reference to the .dsl file being used anywhere, and no explanation what it is for. Perhaps the section should be clarified as to the purpose of that .dsl file, and the relevance to crash on sleep problems ..

I'd also like to request that you write what we're actually supposed to enter in Clover Configurator for uia_exclude. That long argument is only provided as a screenshot which is hard to read and you have to squint to read it off the image .

Anyway, I've installed it per the instructions, and we'll see if this usb fix makes it stop crashing on sleep

Thanks for your help

It's not in the package because everyone needs to configure the "uia_exclude=" individually based on preference and what hardware you are using. For example, if you use a PCI-e Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you can not exclude one of the internal USB2 headers. If your case has front USB2 ports, you may not want to exclude two of the internal USB2 headers. If you use the M.2 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, you can not exclude HS07. It will be different for each build. How can a universal package be built for such a scenario?

.dsl is for your reference. If you don't know what it is, you don't need it.

I don't know what's causing your crashes. It could be USB related. It could be something else.

You can click on images to enlarge to full size or download.

Edit:
I just realized you are not using an Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming motherboard. Therefore, you should be creating your own SSDT-USB.aml file. Links to full guides are in post #1.

Last edited:
Ok, I´ve done the following;

1. Download the Strix Z370 USB ports.aml file.
  2. Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml.
  3. Copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  4. Added "uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10" to my Custom flags
  5. Deactivated HS09 to HS14

Sadly it doesn't help...
I can't really understand the links in the USB-Fix-Section, but don't I need to delete some other integrated fix ??

Sadly it doesn't help...
I can't really understand the links in the USB-Fix-Section, but don't I need to delete some other integrated fix ??

Integrated fix? You mean disable the KextsToPatches? Yes, you need to disable all those KextsToPatch for the 15 port limit.

Otherwise, you've already done all that needs to be done.

Ok, sorry to ask again. But how do I do this ? :)

1. Copy the SSDT-USB.aml file to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
  2. Decide which USB ports you want to disable and add them to "uia_exclude=" in your config.plist.
  3. Disable the KextsToPatches for the 15 port limit.
Screen Shot 2018-06-13 at 3.02.28 AM.png

That's it. That's all you have to do. The most difficult part is deciding which ports you want to disable.

Very close to this Golden Build, but wanted to check Fit against my rear 120mm Rad in my custom-loop before I replace the Wifi, so question: How high (in mm) is the BCM94360CS2 WIFI and M.2 adapter-- either off the surface off the motherboard or projecting up beyond the metal antenna bracket?

Any dimension much appreciated!
S-p-a-r-k-y

Very close to this Golden Build, but wanted to check Fit against my rear 120mm Rad in my custom-loop before I replace the Wifi, so question: How high (in mm) is the BCM94360CS2 WIFI and M.2 adapter-- either off the surface off the motherboard or projecting up beyond the metal antenna bracket?

Any dimension much appreciated!
S-p-a-r-k-y

282523-c470849fd16573e2ac9b65e4d076deb6.jpg

Back