Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

Ok, maybe I´m too stupid...
I thought that whole USB story was kind of optional and I just have to live with the compromise that some USB-Ports doesn't work. But It seem I need to look at that topic !

Thank you.

As RehabMan has explained, using the KextsToPatches to work around the 15 port limit should be not be considered a permanent fix. It should be used for port discovery and then the proper fix should be applied. That being said, I know there are lots of people who just use the patches full time without issue. Personally, I wanted to get it "right" and, by doing so, I have not had any issues with any macOS updates and/or sleep/wake issues.

@pastrychef

Have another (small) problem...
My HackMac seems to reboot in the sleep, so the next wake up is like a normal boot etc.

Any ideas ?

I have the same problem. It happens at least once a day. This is using the 3.2 package and no additional kexts at all. What kind of logs might say why it does this ?

I'm also seeing that tools like Fanny cannot see any fan speed information or CPU temperature. What should I do for that ?
Thanks for all the help so far. With 191 pages and counting it is possible the answer is somewhere but it's getting very hard to find the solid info

Ok, I´ve done the following;

1. Download the Strix Z370 USB ports.aml file.
  2. Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml.
  3. Copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  4. Added "uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10" to my Custom flags
  5. Deactivated HS09 to HS14
Was that right ? At least it booted ;-)

I have the same problem. It happens at least once a day. This is using the 3.2 package and no additional kexts at all. What kind of logs might say why it does this ?

I'm also seeing that tools like Fanny cannot see any fan speed information or CPU temperature. What should I do for that ?
Thanks for all the help so far. With 191 pages and counting it is possible the answer is somewhere but it's getting very hard to find the solid info

Same questions... Are you using SSDT-USB.aml? Are you overclocked?

I have never used Fanny. But I do use iStat Menu and it is able to show CPU temps and fan speeds without problems. These readings are all possible due to FakeSMC.kext and its Sensors kexts. I can only recommend trying to upgrade to the latest and seeing if it helps Fanny.

My iStat Menu reading:
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 7.56.52 AM.png

Ok, I´ve done the following;

1. Download the Strix Z370 USB ports.aml file.
  2. Rename it to SSDT-USB.aml.
  3. Copy it to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
  4. Added "uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12;HS13;HS14;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10" to my Custom flags
  5. Deactivated HS09 to HS14
Was that right ? At least it booted ;-)

Those are the same settings that I use. With this uia_exlcude= setting, the internal USB2 headers and the two USB2 ports in the rear are disabled.

What program are you using to display this information? TIA.

That's from iStat Menus. Click on the CPU section in the menu bar and scroll down to the uptime section to reveal more details.

This is one of the best apps I've ever purchased and I use it all the time to monitor that my system is running properly. I got the family license so that I can also use it on my laptop.

That's from iStat Menus. Click on the CPU section in the menu bar and scroll down to the uptime section to reveal more details.

This is one of the best apps I've ever purchased and I use it all the time to monitor that my system is running properly. I got the family license so that I can also use it on my laptop.
I, too, am a long time user of iStat. However, I didn't know about that (sub) option. Thank you for the inSight. (Pun intended.)

Same questions... Are you using SSDT-USB.aml? Are you overclocked?

I have never used Fanny. But I do use iStat Menu and it is able to show CPU temps and fan speeds without problems. These readings are all possible due to FakeSMC.kext and its Sensors kexts. I can only recommend trying to upgrade to the latest and seeing if it helps Fanny.

My iStat Menu reading:
View attachment 335644

I use the 3.2 package you have on the first page, I've installed nothing else. I read that part on page 1 but assumed the package included that fix. No overclocking.

It's not clear to me from the question if installing SSDT-USB.aml is the suggested fix for the problem or if its presence is a possible cause for the problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back