Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

BCM94360CS2 has Bluetooth 4.0.

Be careful with using DSDTs made for other computers. Even on real iMacs, there's no PCI-e info. That's purely cosmetic and not needed. It makes even less sense on an ITX motherboard where there's only one PCI-e slot. You should know what video card you have plugged in. If you don't, all the info is in System Information>Graphics/Display. Otherwise, DPCIManager can also provide info on what's in your PCI-e slots.
View attachment 334248
Source: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Thanks. After booting 2-3x successfully, I then started booting with a white NOT symbol. I then went into Windows, used a tool to mount the EFI partition, and used Explorer+++ to open the EFI partition and remove the DSDT file. I then could immediate boot, in spite of two failures immediately prior.

I appreciate your comments and knowledge!

I'm having trouble getting display port output working over iGPU, HDMI is fine - I have the same build as you Pastry, minus the GPU. I'm on Sierra and everything else is working fine. I've tried a couple of cables, is there anything I need to set to get display port up and running?

My first Hackintosh (or PC build) and it was quite simple to put together by following your guide.

Thanks for all your efforts.

I'm having trouble getting display port output working over iGPU, HDMI is fine - I have the same build as you Pastry, minus the GPU. I'm on Sierra and everything else is working fine. I've tried a couple of cables, is there anything I need to set to get display port up and running?

My first Hackintosh (or PC build) and it was quite simple to put together by following your guide.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Wow. I'm very surprised. DisplayPort should be working... At what point do you lose video?

Wow. I'm very surprised. DisplayPort should be working... At what point do you lose video?

I don't see any video at all, not even the bios boot screen. I assume that might mean it's a hardware issue. I had a look round the bios settings and theres nothing display port specific that i could find. HDMI is fine, I have a higher resolution 27inch dell that I was hoping to get running at it's native resolution.

All the best.
Dave

I don't see any video at all, not even the bios boot screen. I assume that might mean it's a hardware issue. I had a look round the bios settings and theres nothing display port specific that i could find. HDMI is fine, I have a higher resolution 27inch dell that I was hoping to get running at it's native resolution.

All the best.
Dave

If you are not even seeing the motherboard splash screen or BIOS, then it's not hackintosh related. Try checking the DisplayPort cable and/or settings on the monitor. There may be settings to set DisplayPort 1.2, DisplayPort 1.4, etc. Try changing some of the setting.

I lost my DisplayPort connection upon updating to 10.13.4, so I had to use DVI and/or HDMI. However, I read that someone, who used the iMac14,2 System Definition, had the DisplayPort working. So, I changed from 18,3 to the 14,2 (using MultiBeast) and got my DisplayPorts back. Even though I am using a graphics card, @squelch99, you might trying the iMac14,2 SysDef.

If you need to switch to the iMac14,2, use MultiBeast and just select the following:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2​

Thanks Pastry and Stork, I got to the bottom of it, I'm using a new passive display port switch so my laptop and hackintosh can share the same screen, turns out it's display port 1.1 compatible only and the iGPU/MB output is 1.2...

Thanks for the help.

Yes. You can add HS07 to the uia_exclude list. HS07 is the USB connector used for Bluetooth on the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth versions of this motherboard. Since you don't have the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, you can add this to the exclude list and it will not impact anything.

Then, you need to remove the USB port that your PCI-e adaptor is using from the uia_exclude list. Usually, these PCI-e adaptors use either HS12 or HS14 depending on which internal USB2 header you are using.[/user]

Hi pastrychef, thanks very much for your work in detailing this build. I have the same motherboard for my newly build hackintosh. About to look at the 15 port patch, just wondering if HS07 can be disabled safely? I am using both the M.2 sockets, both with Samsung 960 EVO SSDs. Is this USB used solely for the wifi / bluetooth card? Thanks.

Hi pastrychef, thanks very much for your work in detailing this build. I have the same motherboard for my newly build hackintosh. About to look at the 15 port patch, just wondering if HS07 can be disabled safely? I am using both the M.2 sockets, both with Samsung 960 EVO SSDs. Is this USB used solely for the wifi / bluetooth card? Thanks.

Yes. HS07 is only for the Bluetooth in the M.2 slot in the rear. It does not affect the two M.2 slots with your 960 EVOs.

Yes. HS07 is only for the Bluetooth in the M.2 slot in the rear. It does not affect the two M.2 slots with your 960 EVOs.
Thanks. So is there a third M.2 socket? Or are you using one for your SSD and one for the Wifi / Bluetooth?

Back