Contribute
Register

pastrychef's Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (WI-FI AC) build w/ i9-9900K + AMD 6600 XT

I have never tried to log in using non-Apple Bluetooth. I do know that logging in using an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth adaptor works. If you use a PCI-e adaptor with an Apple Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card, there will be a very slight delay (about 1-2 seconds) before Bluetooth mice and keyboards become active after reaching the login screen.

Yay it does work (now). Not sure if i just was not patient enough before, or the BIOS update i did since fixed it, but i can use the BT keyboard/mouse in the login screen just fine now. :)

So far I've been impressed with the Nano S. It's not done yet, as I must buy cable extensions for the MB 24 pin, 4 Pin "Sense" cable (Silverstone...), and MB 8 pin EPS cable, since the SFX cables are just too short.

I'm currently using a Mini instead of the Nano (having a mATX board). First had a Silverstone SFX PSU with quite short cables, too. The CPU 12V cable was stretching straight over the back of the mainboard, but did even fit. Same with the cables going to the Radeon card. I still switched the PSU now for a regular ATX.

MSRP on that case starts at $225. I'm feeling spendy just with a $75 Define Nano S. :) . Thanks for your suggestion - for those with deeper wallets it looks like a very nice case. So far I've been impressed with the Nano S. It's not done yet, as I must buy cable extensions for the MB 24 pin, 4 Pin "Sense" cable (Silverstone...), and MB 8 pin EPS cable, since the SFX cables are just too short

Mine came through yesterday for the Silverstone sx 700 lpt, got 3 official ones 55cm pwr/mobo/pcie...if you do go with the same product (not extensions) rather then custom, just know 55cm 4+4 is just short of being perfect, it reaches comfortably just would have been nice to have a little more slack. 1st time build so wasn’t expecting this level of tinkering, love it never the less.

I highly doubt it's the config.plist... I use the same config.plist and it's amazingly stable for me.
View attachment 331688

Did you enable XMP in BIOS? Can you try running the RAM at 2133MHz?
I attach a zip with the kernel errors generated. I think it's related to the gpu
My rams are running at 2667 with xmp (no overclocking)

Attachments

• errors.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 60
I attach a zip with the kernel errors generated. I think it's related to the gpu
My rams are running at 2667 with xmp (no overclocking)

Possibilities:
NVRAM
IGPU
RX 580
FakeSMC

Hello again, after building my rig after your specs and with your help in January I was very pleased. Crazy Workloads and studying have literally kept me from switching on my Mac in the last three months.

Now I want to use it again, but my RX 580 Pulse has the Coil Whine issue unfortunately, making audible noises when scrolling. I will try to RMA it (no idea if I have any luck after 6 months) - will the replacement be a matter of plug and play or do I have to expect issues regarding software or should my Hackintosh work as before? Slightly paranoid of more issues.

Hello again, after building my rig after your specs and with your help in January I was very pleased. Crazy Workloads and studying have literally kept me from switching on my Mac in the last three months.

Now I want to use it again, but my RX 580 Pulse has the Coil Whine issue unfortunately, making audible noises when scrolling. I will try to RMA it (no idea if I have any luck after 6 months) - will the replacement be a matter of plug and play or do I have to expect issues regarding software or should my Hackintosh work as before? Slightly paranoid of more issues.

Yes. Just swap out the card. You won't have to make any changes to configuration.

Pastry chef, Your guide has inspired me, and have pulled the trigger on a silicon lottery 8700k.
Pricing on CPU in Oz, it was worth is for the the peace of mind, and I don't have to muck about with delidding process. (An additional cost, and risk).
System will be used for "content creation" and some 3d/ArchVis, and needs to be portable-ish. - The ASRock Fatal1ty z370 Gaming-ITX has caught my eye, just stumbling around in RAM QVL's as the moment, as the tightest/fastest (samsung b-die) is only available in 64gb kit (4 x 16)...
Adobe seem to be catching up with Open CL rendering, so a fully supported Vega 56 could be just the ticket. Not as good as CUDA, but far less hassle.
Will keep y'all appraised.

Pastry chef, Your guide has inspired me, and have pulled the trigger on a silicon lottery 8700k.
Pricing on CPU in Oz, it was worth is for the the peace of mind, and I don't have to muck about with delidding process. (An additional cost, and risk).
System will be used for "content creation" and some 3d/ArchVis, and needs to be portable-ish. - The ASRock Fatal1ty z370 Gaming-ITX has caught my eye, just stumbling around in RAM QVL's as the moment, as the tightest/fastest (samsung b-die) is only available in 64gb kit (4 x 16)...
Adobe seem to be catching up with Open CL rendering, so a fully supported Vega 56 could be just the ticket. Not as good as CUDA, but far less hassle.
Will keep y'all appraised.

how are vega 56 prices like in Oz?

Hello,

I build a relative similar build;

- Intel i7 8700K
- Asus Strix Vega64
- Asus Z370-G WiFi
- G.Skill 16GB DDR4 RAM
- Corsair HX750i
- Phanteks Enthoo MATX TG
- Costum watercool Loop

At first I THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this GREAT guide !!
The tip with the RAM-Banks alone saved my day...!!

BUT

I still have one problem (with may have to do with my inexperience with hackMac).

I buyed a "DELL DW1830 Broadcom BCM943602BAED M.2 NGFF 802.11AC 1300Mbps BT4.1" from eBay, and put it in my original WiFi-modul slot on the MoBo. WiFi works out of the box, bit BT doesn´t....

Of course i followed you´re great guide, downlaoded and installed the linked files and put it in the clover/kext/other folder but still no luck...

Any nooby advice ?

BTW: Thank you again for the work !!

Back